PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Shooting

Bertreb
01-12-2009, 05:54 AM
We have old sabroeTSMC 16-100, R717, 2-stage compressor for ice plant. Due to budget constraint and the high cost of parts, what are the most important parts to be replaced to restore good performance and efficiency of the unit? The unit was originally used for packaged type ice flake maker but now it is to be used for block ice maker located about 100 meters. Will the cooling capacity of the unit be reduced? by how many percent? Anny suggestions to make the set up efficient?

Anas
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
hi
need help as we are getting eror f6 &f7 in bluester cassete ac

anas

RANGER1
11-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Most important parts would be oil filters , valve plates and springs .
If your converting it to ice making plant usually a compound compressor is not required as saturated suction pressure does not really have to go below -15 deg C .
If suction pressure is higher compressor will be more efficient .
In your case you would probably be better off having common suction and discharge on this compressor ie convert it to single stage operation .
motor size would be an issue though .

Bertreb
19-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry for the late response ranger. The existing motor rating used for the compound compressor is 90 kw.Now,since it was already converted to single stage operation for ice making, i'm contemplating of replacing the existing 90kw motor to compensate the increase in compressor capacity. Will a 110kw-130kw motor rating ideal for the operation of 35 metric tons on ice block daily? any suggestion from you guys?

bertreb

Bertreb
05-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Most important parts would be oil filters , valve plates and springs .
If your converting it to ice making plant usually a compound compressor is not required as saturated suction pressure does not really have to go below -15 deg C .
If suction pressure is higher compressor will be more efficient .
In your case you would probably be better off having common suction and discharge on this compressor ie convert it to single stage operation .
motor size would be an issue though .
This is still related to my previous querry. Since we have converted the compressor from compound to single stage, my question is: will using the same driven motor cause it to overload indicating the increase in the compressor capacity?

Bertreb
05-01-2010, 03:57 AM
This is still related to my previous querry. Since we have converted the compressor from compound to single stage, my question is: will using the same driven motor cause it to overload indicating the increase in the compressor capacity?

Bertreb
05-01-2010, 06:01 AM
This is actually an additional querry. Given the compressor conversion from compound to single satge, the rating of the existing motor for the sabroe compressor is 90kw and 1180 rpm. Can it be substituted with 150kw & 1750 rpm to compensate for the increase in the compressor capacity?

RANGER1
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Bigger motor would be needed , but keep it at same speed or lower .

1750 rpm is a big no no as its outside its limitations .

Bertreb
07-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks Ranger1 for the reply. my next query is : after the conversion from compound to single stage is done, the compressor's cooling capacity will eventually increased, right? what would happen then if i still use the same 90 kw @ 1180rpm motor, will the motor overload due to the increased in compressor's cooling capacity? or if the motor runs normally and smoothly does it mean there was no increase in the compressor's cooling capacity?