PDA

View Full Version : Daikin I-touch night set back?

multisync
30-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Customer of ours has a small building with an Itouch. it seems every morning the whole place is set at 18 deg's c when they come in the morning. The offices are cold and the only one who is allowed to operate it doesn't get in till ten..

We don't know where this setting is and I have looked through the manual and still unsure

Can anyone give an idiots guide on who/what/where

Thanks

Multisync

r0ss
30-11-2009, 07:29 PM
From the main screen - have you clicked the little 'S' box for schedule settings?

I cant actually remember where to go from there though sorry :confused:
Havnt had to sort the schedules out on an iTouch for ages and i forget easy :\

Brian_UK
30-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't know or use these controllers but looking through the manual
http://www.daikin.com.sg/manual/VRV_iTouch.pdf (2.89MB)

Is it anything to do with "Event Setup" which can set the temperatures etc on start or stop.

Maybe the guy who comes in at 10am is protecting his job position.

moondawn
30-11-2009, 10:26 PM
hi brian thanks for the document we have a site with one of them installed and i never had anything to do with them

thanks
lee;)

multisync
30-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't know or use these controllers but looking through the manual
http://www.daikin.com.sg/manual/VRV_iTouch.pdf (2.89MB)

Is it anything to do with "Event Setup" which can set the temperatures etc on start or stop.

Maybe the guy who comes in at 10am is protecting his job position.

I have that manual already via the extranet. I did some training on it many years ago..but that was many years ago

Thanks any way

VRVIII
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Customer of ours has a small building with an Itouch. it seems every morning the whole place is set at 18 deg's c when they come in the morning. The offices are cold and the only one who is allowed to operate it doesn't get in till ten..

We don't know where this setting is and I have looked through the manual and still unsure

Can anyone give an idiots guide on who/what/where

Thanks

Multisync

Multisync,

The night set back function switches the units on when room temp falls below a certain set point this does not adjust the actual set point when units are started (similar to a frost protection). I suspect your problem is that someone has a set a schedule timer to start the units at 18, see below on how to adjust this.

From the ITC normal display click the bottom right S button
1.Highlight schedule setup then click execute
2.Highlight enabled schedule (normally schedule 1)
then click Enable/disable to disable the schedule prior to modifying.
3. Click Event Settings (right side 2nd button from top)
4. Select Monday on top left drop down (all timer schedules for Mon will be shown)
5. Highlight the first start timer (usually top one) then click the modify button at bottom of screen
6. You will now see event time (on time) Target units (units to be switched on) etc
7. Click advanced settings (bottom left button) and you will see a drop down for set temp, this is the set point that the units will be set to at start time. You can set this to the required temp or if you disable the temp set the units will start at the same set point they were when switched off.
8. You will then need to OK your settings then select Tue..... and repeat above for all days required.

Good Luck!

multisync
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
You are a Mcstar :D

VRVIII
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
No Probs, it might also be worth checking the off timer doesn't have an 18 set point. Let me know you get on.

Brian_UK
01-12-2009, 08:06 PM
^^ Well, I was almost there ;)

multisync
17-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Is this where you set the day on off's as the client now wants it off sat/sun but allow the employees to override it via the wall mount controller if they are in over the weekend..

VRVIII
17-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Is this where you set the day on off's as the client now wants it off sat/sun but allow the employees to override it via the wall mount controller if they are in over the weekend..

Yes just delete Sat Sun timer schedules.
I would also check the last off timer on Friday and verify that R/C mode section has start/stop set to permitted. If this is set to prohibited they will not be able start the unit at the local remote.