PDA

View Full Version : Grasso imbalance

SirajN
30-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Guys,

I was told by one of the guys here that Grasso Screw Compressors have some sort of an imbalance and that they cause a damage in the long run. The guy suggested to use Sabroe as well. Is there any truth in the same? As far as I know both the brands are equally good. Please provide inputs on the issue.

Thanks very much.

Toosh
30-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Guys,

I was told by one of the guys here that Grasso Screw Compressors have some sort of an imbalance and that they cause a damage in the long run. The guy suggested to use Sabroe as well. Is there any truth in the same? As far as I know both the brands are equally good. Please provide inputs on the issue.

Thanks very much.

Hi SirajN, You have posted this three times, all you require is one post.

Norm :eek:

RANGER1
30-11-2009, 08:43 PM
There is a inbalance in Grasso if you have to higher oil pressure in some models .
What type of Sabroe machine is being offered ?

SirajN
01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi SirajN, You have posted this three times, all you require is one post.

Norm :eek:
Hi Guys,

I am sorry for posting it three times. I am not a regular user hence kindly excuse my ignorance.

SirajN
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
There is a inbalance in Grasso if you have to higher oil pressure in some models .
What type of Sabroe machine is being offered ?
Hi Ranger 1,

Its actually not just one particular model of Sabroe. I was tod by York that Sabroe has since long stopped production in Denmark, so the compressor block is the same from Frick. However they still sell the Sabroe brand and use leroy Somer motors and it has CE certification for the complete pack.

If there is an imbalance in some of the models, has Grasso rectified the same? or does it still prevail? Could you give an input on exactly whats the phenomenon that happens when there is an imbalance and higher oi pressure? Is it becuase the discharge line is horizontal from the compressor rather than directly down into the oil separator?

Thanks very much

Siraj

RANGER1
01-12-2009, 12:00 PM
If oil pressure is to high the extra force on balance piston can drive rotor into discharge end housing .

This on compressors with full time oil pump .

They have a lot of stuff to avoid it but it can happen , mainly through ignorance

Grasso appear easy to work on but Frick type machines are heavy alkward machines to work on .