PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDYQ200PV1 - heating

Mick301
29-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Posted earlier re this new installation & a word of advise to the positioning of the outside unit (a little noisy in cooling mode). Noticed today, cool in Melbourne, that when in heating mode the noise is greatly reduced compared to cooling. I had thought the noise level would be the same. Could someone explain why there is a difference please ?

VRVIII
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Posted earlier re this new installation & a word of advise to the positioning of the outside unit (a little noisy in cooling mode). Noticed today, cool in Melbourne, that when in heating mode the noise is greatly reduced compared to cooling. I had thought the noise level would be the same. Could someone explain why there is a difference please ?

I would normally expect the unit noise levels to be higher in heating as the outdoor fan will operate at a higher rpm to absorb as much heat as possible also the compressor speed is usually higher in heating mode to maintain target head pressure.

However all of the above is based on uk conditions (temps & humidity) the noise levels would be higher in cooling mode with an average 15oC increase in ambient temps (15 ~40). What do you class as cool in Melbourne? We would class cold is below 5 oC & warm above 20 in Scotland!
With high humidity and ambient temps (>30) the compressor and fan will be flat out trying to reject heat in cooling mode resulting in higher noise level.
With an ambient around 15 a lower compressor and fan speed will be required to absorb heat in heating mode, resulting reduced noise level.

Are you aware there is a low noise operation function on these units? This can be enabled on a timer and has 3 different noise level settings available. Obviously the unit will then operate at slight reduction in capacity (the lower the noise level = greater reduction in capacity)
Level 1 reduces max fan speed
Level 2 further reduces max fan speed
Level 3 reduces max fan & max compressor speed

Mick301
11-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Thanks VRVIII. Cold in Melbourne I would say anything from 0c but average winter morning around 4-6c. Heat, well last Feb when we had those bushfires it reached 47c in some suburbs, but average would be mid to high 30's. So a large variance. Back to the unit your correct the outdoor fan does operate at high RPM in heating mode but the fan, even though it seems to move a lot of air, isn't particuly noisy. It's more the compressor when it ramps up has a rather high pitched (the word scream would be on over statement) noise. Daikin have checked the unit & test ran for about an hour shortly after installation & advised noise levels were within the normal perameters. For the record, noise isn't a major issue, its away from neighbours & I can't hear it inside the house, I guess I was more used to a Daikin split (6Kw) I have in a family room & it's really quiet in comparrision. Haveing said that there is a huge diffence in capacities and physicle size so I'm not comparing apples for apples as they say. The low noise operation function you mention, could you expand a little on that feature please. I assume this is something that is either factory set or could be obtained through the controller or other unit setting ? I would be interested in learning more on this feature if you have time.

VRVIII
11-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks VRVIII. Cold in Melbourne I would say anything from 0c but average winter morning around 4-6c. Heat, well last Feb when we had those bushfires it reached 47c in some suburbs, but average would be mid to high 30's. So a large variance. Back to the unit your correct the outdoor fan does operate at high RPM in heating mode but the fan, even though it seems to move a lot of air, isn't particuly noisy. It's more the compressor when it ramps up has a rather high pitched (the word scream would be on over statement) noise. Daikin have checked the unit & test ran for about an hour shortly after installation & advised noise levels were within the normal perameters. For the record, noise isn't a major issue, its away from neighbours & I can't hear it inside the house, I guess I was more used to a Daikin split (6Kw) I have in a family room & it's really quiet in comparrision. Haveing said that there is a huge diffence in capacities and physicle size so I'm not comparing apples for apples as they say. The low noise operation function you mention, could you expand a little on that feature please. I assume this is something that is either factory set or could be obtained through the controller or other unit setting ? I would be interested in learning more on this feature if you have time.

Hi

There are 2 ways to enable the low noise function

Select predetermined time by field setting and the unit will automatically judge the time of day based on ambient temperatures.
By using a time clock to close a contact to enable the function

See attached pdf for detail 3237

Note: All details are for units supplied to Europe you would have to verify this is applicable for units supplied to Australia.

Mick301
12-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks VRVIII. Looks straight forward to set up. Is that manual available on the web by any chance ? Looks like an interesting read.