PDA

View Full Version : fridge wont start

Turboman
29-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I have a Westinghouse CS334 TC-R all fridge which was running well until recently....It now tries to start but only runs for a few seconds then cuts out again.
As its an old fridge i dont want to go to the expense of getting a serviceman in unless i know it can be fixed reasonably cheaply....it is still in good condition in every other way and I'd like to keep it as a beer fridge if I can sort it out
I wondered if maybe its just a relay problem that i could replace myself.
Ant help will be graetly appreciated
Regards Turboman

Andy
29-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I have a Westinghouse CS334 TC-R all fridge which was running well until recently....It now tries to start but only runs for a few seconds then cuts out again.
As its an old fridge i dont want to go to the expense of getting a serviceman in unless i know it can be fixed reasonably cheaply....it is still in good condition in every other way and I'd like to keep it as a beer fridge if I can sort it out
Regards Turboman

Turboman:)

I would suggest buying a new fridge. With the cost of energy this fridge has done you a favour expiring:eek:

New fridges are way better in terms of low energy consumption.

Kind Regards:)

paul thompson
29-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Turboman:)

I would suggest buying a new fridge. With the cost of energy this fridge has done you a favour expiring:eek:

New fridges are way better in terms of low energy consumption.

Kind Regards:)totally agree with you andy . :D

taz24
29-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Regards Turboman

When the comp cuts out like that, in nearly every occasion the comp is faulty (not always, but mostly).

Fridges nowadays cost less to buy new than they do to repair, if it is the comp.

The only way to find out for sure is to have the thing tested and that will cost.

All the best taz.

Turboman
03-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys for your advice....I'll take it and dispose of the old girl
I've already bought a new one so was just hoping to ressurect the old one to keep my beer cold lol

lowcool
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
bugger the emissions fix the old girl up if its not a compressor replacement.i reckon you would probably have more chance of getting a cold beer out her on 40 deg.C. day (50 plus in the shed)than the latest models,only some are good,research is required

appliancedude
04-12-2009, 05:04 AM
If you really want to keep the old girl get an RCO410. Its a hard start device. Will probably get a year or so more out of it. Energy wise, I gotta go with investing in a new one though.