PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDYQ200PV1 - not so quiet

Mick301
27-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I have recently had installed a new Daikin FDYQ200PV1(fan coil) / RZYQ8PY1 (outdoor unit) which died 3 hours after it was comissioned. The indoor unit continued working, fan controller zones etc but the outdoor was dead. No LED's, nothing happening. The installer of the system called Daikin, and they phoned me the same day to arrange to come out the next morning, which they did. I beleive they replaced the power/control board (the one with the LED's on it) on the outdoor unit and all was well again. Stated it was unusual for this to happen but obviously not impossible for things to fail (even new things) All is good. The system is working well. A comment I would like to make to anyone considering this style/model of Daikin aircon (they make an 18kw, 20kw..this one..and a 25kw) is to consider very carefully where you locate the outdoor unit. It is quite massive in size H1680 x W930 x D765 and weighs in at 205kg. It's also top venting so quite commercial looking. I origianlly had a site planned down the narrow side of the house (neighbours narrow side butts mine) where other utilities are placed (gas hot water, gas ducted heater) I decided against this position (hind sight maybe) and opted for the other side of the house on the far side of the garage (double & brick joining the house) and no close neighbour although it trippled the refrig pipe length runs opposed to the other position increasing the install cost. Why I am mentioning all this for potential buyers is ...THESE UNITS ARE NOT QUIET.. when working on average to high load. I would definatley have had a problem with my neighbours if I had located it in the first position. The fan, which is massive is very quiet but the compressor ramps up to a high pitched whine and would be extremley annoying if in earshot of a neighbours bedroom or your own for that matter. I am looking forward to keeping cool this summer.