PDA

View Full Version : Article in magazine

Peter_1
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
This extract of an article in a Belgium magazine I translated for you.

It becomes more and more difficult to see clear what the future will bring us.
The very strict rules in The Netherlands – the so called STEK rules- will be .
It are just these rules which made The Netherlands the country with the least leaking installations and perhaps in the whole world.
Even the German VDKF was jealous on these figures.
In France, there is a lot of commotion around the “ Climat 2004 Plan” made by the Minister of Environment Serge Lepeltier. There they say simple that air-conditioning is the biggest contributor to the global warming because the…. consume gasses. So they say that airco’s shouldn’t be installed anymore. But the systems using butane, propane, NH3, or N2 may be used because these gasses are natural en so they’re safe!(?)
But, there’s hope, Russia signed the Kyoto agreement and they can sell fresh air, so we can continue.
4 x 4 cars will be banned in some major cities in The Netherlands.
Begin November, there was another eruption of the Grimsvot volcano in the east of Iceland. In the few days it erupted, the volcano contributed more to the global warming than the total global activity of all humans on earth.
But a volcano listens only to the laws of the nature and hasn’t signed the Kyoto protocol.
This all is going a little bit as the whole in the ozone-layer. Nowadays, they don’t publish that much anymore and it seems that a 11 ears cycle of the sun was t he cause of this phenomena.
The reduction of the use of the cooling gasses can’t have that much effect yet: it last – according to the scientists – approximately 30 years before these gasses reaches the ozone-layer, so it will last also 30 years before the present reduction will have effect.

Moris
13-12-2004, 07:17 AM
I agree everyone forgets about natural events like sun spot activity and volcanoes. In the early 80's, Mount St Hellen shot more global warming products into the atmosphere in one hit, than all of our efforts put together.

Brian_UK
13-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Watching Discovery channel on Sky the other night... the number of underground coal fires around the world that are producing enormous amounts of pollution. The quantities make our efforts seem pointless..

wesmax
14-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I am in gerneral agrement with the idea that natural activity will do much more harm to the atmosphere than all the refrigeration and a/c equipment in the world , but we do what we can when we can.
wesmax

abby
20-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Are there any specific characteristics of a refrigerant, or can it be almost anything?

shogun7
21-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Are there any specific characteristics of a refrigerant, or can it be almost anything?

That's simple, think in terms of almost any thing man makes or does is a source of pollution! :(

wesmax
21-12-2004, 02:30 AM
The single most damageing chemical in the old refrigerants is of course chlorine the one thing that made the gases easy to leak test, this chemical would react with O3 changing it into O2 and washing out as rain. This is how I understand it or can explain it as best I can.
wesmax

Daddy Cool
23-12-2004, 10:35 AM
in the trade, we seem to have been mad out the be the bad boys and the cause of all the problems. everyone jumps on the band wagon, do you remember the legionella scare a few years back on cooling towers and how many end-users thought their little splits would kill them all.

i think if you compare the effect of a/c and fridge industry to the tv/video/dvd on standby in most homes using loads of energy and causing co2, we are squeeky clean.

Brian_UK
23-12-2004, 11:20 PM
......just enough water to cover your vegetables. The same applies when bathing.
I thought they were called wedding tackle but I see you've gone all veggie, or is it PC, on us Marc :rolleyes:

wesmax
26-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi I was just checking out your web site very interesting I do some teaching myself and prouuct training. I will go back and check out some more. Thanks
wesmax