PDA

View Full Version : Daikin vrviii problem.help

mikrasiates
26-11-2009, 05:04 PM
when i was making the system for 19 air conditions i was sticking the pipes with oxygen.the problem is that i did not put filter at the end of the pipes.do you think that i will have problems with the R410?the system myst work untill sunday.PLEASE ANSWER.

P.S. a friend from greece.thanks:rolleyes:

troymedhurst
26-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi, I assume you mean you were brazing with oxy-acetylene. Not quite sure what you mean by filters at the ends, but It is common practise to purge the line (pipes) with oxygen free nitrogen when brazing, as this eliminates oxidisation in the pipework. If you have not purged the lines I would suggest that you try and blow out the lines with Nitrogen, before making final connections to the units etc...
Hopefully you have not connected to much yet.
As for, 'Does it affect the system?' I have been told that the oxidisation in the pipework has been known to block up capillaries, expansion valves and other accessories. I have also been told that some Daikin commissioning engineers can even take simple refrigerant samples and test for oxidisation in the system. Hope this helps!
Troy

DEVIL
27-11-2009, 07:18 AM
You probably mean that you didn't braze in a nitrogen reach environment, the best thing is to do as troymedhurst stated, to blow out the lines with nitrogen, but it won't remove it all, a technician will know if he searches for it that u didn't do it the wright way , and judging that it's probably your first VRV someone will come to do the commissioning.

The problem is not mainly capillary tubes because they use electronic expansion devices and there aren't many capillary tubes in a VRV, the problem is that it changes the oil acidity and the compressor "eats itself", and the commissioning engineer detects the acidity, what u could do is add an acidity filter to protect the system but the obvious questions by DAIKIN will be way ? and u can't answer that.

The best way would be cat out all the brazed fittings and and new clean ones and braze them in nitrogen reach environment but the choice is yours

VRVIII
27-11-2009, 01:13 PM
You probably mean that you didn't braze in a nitrogen reach environment, the best thing is to do as troymedhurst stated, to blow out the lines with nitrogen, but it won't remove it all, a technician will know if he searches for it that u didn't do it the wright way , and judging that it's probably your first VRV someone will come to do the commissioning.

The problem is not mainly capillary tubes because they use electronic expansion devices and there aren't many capillary tubes in a VRV, the problem is that it changes the oil acidity and the compressor "eats itself", and the commissioning engineer detects the acidity, what u could do is add an acidity filter to protect the system but the obvious questions by DAIKIN will be way ? and u can't answer that.

The best way would be cat out all the brazed fittings and and new clean ones and braze them in nitrogen reach environment but the choice is yours

VRVIII systems do have small capillary tubes that can also be blocked and cause system failure;
1. Compressor oil return capillary lines from oil separators to suction lines, blockage will result in compressor seizure.
2. Solinoid and reversing valves are pilot operated with very small internal capillary lines, blockage can result in high to low bypass, head pressure problems or compressor over heating/failure.

DEVIL
27-11-2009, 01:32 PM
VRVIII systems do have small capillary tubes that can also be blocked and cause system failure;
1. Compressor oil return capillary lines from oil separators to suction lines, blockage will result in compressor seizure.
2. Solinoid and reversing valves are pilot operated with very small internal capillary lines, blockage can result in high to low bypass, head pressure problems or compressor over heating/failure.

I didn't stated that there aren't any , i stated that there "aren't many" , but the compressor is the biggest problem because coper oxide doesn't make large particles , there are pretty small (nod included other sorts of debris that might be in the pipe), and large debris might get stock in the particle filter (refrigerant not air) that almost all the indoor units have.

And i don't state that the capillary tubes won't be in danger, or other components, but the biggest problem is (in my opinion) is the compressor.

mikrasiates
27-11-2009, 01:35 PM
thank all of you guys.