PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Troubles

pan2
26-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi, my first post. Like a lot of others, I'm appalled at the back up from Daikin - won't fix boards - replace at insane prices. Enough of my rant :) have an inverter unit RXE35BVMA in Australia. flashing green LED in fan unit led me to outdoor inspection. on closer inspection I found that the fan bracket had completely rusted out and was just floating around, possibly causing the fan to become jammed against something. The big PCB sitting on top of the unit had what looked like the result of a scorch mark on the plastic cover just above a component - Q1 (C3751) I think is a mosfet. I have no idea how to access one of these despite hours of googling till I arrived at this amazing site. I've removed the pcb and the fan. It's still spinning freely but I haven't as yet tried to power it to see if it's going. Spinning freely is not necessarily meaning that it's good I guess. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do next? Oh, another rant - why couldn't they simply make the fan bracket from stainless? So many Australians live on the coast as I do and are subject to salt air. Emailed Daikin about this, and you guess right - no reply :(

DEVIL
26-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

It is easier to search the error codes that are indicated by the indoor unit, it tels you if it's the fan or something else, and yes for daikin it's easier to just replace the PCB, but eave if u want to repair it yourself it is easier by error codes, it indicates what part of the PCB is the problem.

It's not cost efficient to make the bracket from stainless because a small amount of units are fitted in corrosive areas.

pan2
26-11-2009, 12:47 PM
well the error code was U4. It might be easier to just replace the pcb but a hell of a lot more expensive if I could find the part. As for more cost efficient? Well romania is a long way from the coastal regions of Australia where most of us live. Maybe they could offer it as an option for customers living where salt air is the norm.

frank
26-11-2009, 09:21 PM
If you look through earlier post for Daikin, there is one from a guy who repairs PCB's for a living. Even better for you, he lives in Aus.

Maybe one of the other members can post a link to the thread.

still learning
28-11-2009, 03:02 PM
guess you will need a new fan bracket, i have seen these rust big time, but it is on a unit that goes to sea on a tug.
they are flimsy and the galvanising looks light, to me. so as it was being relaced,
i gave it a couple of coats of paint to see if it will extend the life.
the outdoor board had blown as well, so the new replacement was given a futher coat of laquer.
the proof of the pudding will be when we see it in the summer.

Sheeque09
05-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Ive had my 123s which are not 19s, granted repaired a couple of times and they are better than new. Could it be that the guy you were using for wheel repair was not very experienced?