PDA

View Full Version : filter-driers in both lines of A/C

Yuri B.
25-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Hello.
Installers have installed one-directional filter-driers in the both lines on an A/C. The A/C is now in heat mode. Can refrigerant now flowing in "wrong" (for the filters) direction , and being in "wrong" phase, tore some particles off from the filters' cores ? (suction filter is Alco ASF-45S7)
Thank you.

sedgy
25-11-2009, 06:11 PM
hi Yury b, no the correct procedure would be on a heat pump would be to fit dual direction burn out filters if the system was suspect

Yuri B.
25-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Thank you.
The worse so as it is a LG VRF. And LG as is known demands "no anakondas, filters, sight glasses, valves should be installed in the lines ...otherwise warranty will be withdrawn".
Nice, seems those installers had their own mind in regards of the filters on VRFs lines.

But can particles forming the core be actually "washed" off from the core by the refrigerant flowing in the inverse direction ? I ask this question because my duty is electrical part and I know little about filtrers' construction.

monkey spanners
25-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Also if it is in heating mode the 'suction' filter is now in the hot gas line which is REALLY bad for the filter life expectancy :confused:

Yuri B.
25-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you Narkom ( образования?)
Why people work like this, I cannot understand.
If one is in doubt about the cleanliness of the pipework by him installed, well, put temporary filters between service valves. After the system has worked for a while - and in one mode only - and has gathered all the dirt, throw the filters away and leave just two pipe segments between the valves. Four open valves on a VRF system is a less evil than two soldered in one-directional filter-driers, so my view. But it may be just my thoughts.