PDA

View Full Version : Daikin vrv system wiring with vrv

weidit
24-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Hi guys
I have had a Daikin vrv system schematic sent me with 7 fan coils,6 bs units and 5 vam units

The way he wiring is done is that all the f1 and f2 link from bs unit one to six then picks up the vam at the end.
There is 5 remotes total 3 units with there own remotes and then 2 sets of unit paired together (1 remotes between 2)

I'm wondering how the vams ate supposed to be controlled? What are my best options?

And also when I first turn on the units to commission the units with 1 remote will be given there own address can I change these for labbeling purposes? If there is a power cut will they remember there addresses?

Is it a case of linking the vams back to one of he indoor units and addressing them in or will they auto get picked up?

Sorry for so Manu questions just so mich to try and understand hehe

many thanks

frank
24-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Alec

I guess from your post that you haven't been on the Daikin training course? :)

When you initially switch on the VRV system, the outdoor will 'handshake' every connected indoor box, be it BS, Vam or Fan coil. This handshake will be written to memory, even when the power is switched off.

You can re-address the indoor fan coils with Group settings, but not the BS boxes or vams. The Vam control is via the connected BRC controller where you can set heat recovery, summer bypass etc.

If you want to label them up, I would recommend that you stick with the Group numbers.

VRVIII
25-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Alec,

When you initialise a vrv system there are types of addressing taking place.
1. Outdoor initialises with all units connected on the F1F2 line, auto addressing each unit. The infomation is then stored in the outdoor pcb and can not be adjusted.
2. Indoors initialise with remote controllers on P1P2 lines- When more than 1 unit is connected (group control) to a remote controller each unit will be given an auto address from 0, 1, 2...... The unit with address 0 is always the master. This can be adjuted in service code 45 but can change if mains power is lost.
Note: Do not confuse this with manually set group address that is used with I Touch Controllers, which relates to the F1F2.

For controlling the VAM units there are 3 options;
1. On/Off control using JC J1 terminals (closed circuit = on / open crcuit = off) You will need to connect a remote controller to select the operation mode to auto then switch off power & disconnect then set the required fan speed via the pcb dip switch.
2. If you connect a remote controller only to Vam unit(s) the controller will allow you to select fan speeds and the opertion modes, when auto is selected the unit will operate with preset values (around 22 to 24 oC) and change between heat reclaim or bypass modes accordingly.
3. If you connect the controller P1P2 wiring from a vrv indoor to a vam you will also be able to adjust fan speeds and operation mode but when auto is selected the Vam unit will work in conjuction with the ac unit (ac in heating = vam heat reclaim / ac indoor in cooling = vam bypass.

Hope this clears things up for you.