PDA

View Full Version : Low wet suction temp

dodger
23-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Having problems with a twin compresser Bitzer pack which is faulting out every few hours with the fault code of "Low Wet Suction Temperature". Any suggestions on cause or what imputs to the controler are bringing up this fault. Never had this fault show before.

tom_80
23-11-2009, 08:29 PM
hi dodger

look`s like liquid in the suctionpipe -> none superheat...
could be a problem withe the ex.-valve...

Andy
23-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Having problems with a twin compresser Bitzer pack which is faulting out every few hours with the fault code of "Low Wet Suction Temperature". Any suggestions on cause or what imputs to the controler are bringing up this fault. Never had this fault show before.

Hello Dogger

by the nature wet return will have no superheat. Low wet suction temperature just means a low suction pressure on the wet return.

Kind Regards Andy :)

tom_80
23-11-2009, 09:38 PM
@ andy: maybe i`m wrong bud i never heard about bitzer pack`s (from bitzer?) with overflooding...

and temperature in the messeage means the LP?

Andy
23-11-2009, 10:32 PM
@ andy: maybe i`m wrong bud i never heard about bitzer pack`s (from bitzer?) with overflooding...

and temperature in the messeage means the LP?

Hello Tom,

I was hoping for more information.
Bitzer screws are used on ammona systems, which can be pumped recirculation.

A fault indicating wet suction sounds like a pumped system.

until dogger posts again we won't know.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Magoo
24-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Possibly driven by low oil temps, and probably a faulty oil temp sensor if everything looks and checks out as normal.

dodger
26-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry for not replying to everyones replys to my post but the minute I had posted my computer decided to retire. I did in fact make a complete bosh up of my post and it should of read Dry suction temp which proved to be a simple open circuit imput from a faulty thermocouple on the suction pipe. Thank you for your replys.