PDA

View Full Version : Centrifugal Chillers

CaliforniaRefr
21-11-2009, 10:55 AM
New to them and just learning please explain how you charge them. Is it in a liquid form through the suction and how do you tell when you are full on gas (approch)? Can someone be kind enough to explain to me how this works and how you do it. Thank-you

sedgy
21-11-2009, 05:32 PM
hi califonia, I take it you are starting from a vaced out unit?
1- start up both water pumps
2- vapour into system< just so the water dose not freeze up< < on r22 this would be 58 psi< then liquid into condencer , run on test , adjust as requiered, all the best

CaliforniaRefr
22-11-2009, 12:20 AM
We do mostly supermarket refrigeration and couple small industrial refrigeration accounts. We are starting to branch off into Chillers and next week am going to a trane and vilter class back to back. I am going to send myself to 5 more of these trane classes since there only couple states away from me.

Thank you for your help

moideen
22-11-2009, 08:57 AM
New to them and just learning please explain how you charge them. Is it in a liquid form through the suction and how do you tell when you are full on gas (approch)? Can someone be kind enough to explain to me how this works and how you do it. Thank-you

Hi California, recently i have attended a commissioning job of mitsubishi centrifugal compressor. Mitsubishi authorized technicians break the vacuum by using vapor refrigerant. Then charged almost liquid to evaporator. Fully charged while running. (Should be start the chw pump as charging).my opinion, charge liquid to condenser to the level of manufacture desired

Moideen-dubai

CaliforniaRefr
24-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Thank-You I will be attending some classes Vilter Screw in 2 weeks and Trane water cooling in 1 week. I have to take a # of classes before I can take CentriVac class