PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 19XR

iceman007
19-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I have a Carrier 19XR centrif with high cooler approach which at near full load is around 8-10 degrees F (5-6 degrees C) the oil level looks low in the compressor as well. The skimmer line sight glass was clear. At part load 60% amps and 30% guide vanes the appraoch is much lower (1.3 degrees C or 2.5 degrees F) there is liquid flashing in the skimmer line sight glass and the alert is gone. I checked the resistance of the thermistors which seem OK. The flows are near enough, only marginally low. My deduction is that there is a refrigerant shortage, as at fuller load the liquid in the cooler is below the skimmer line, which leads to poor oil return (the level is lower). Another identical chiller runs mormal oil levels, and a 0.2 degree C appraoch, with flashing in the skimmer line.

Any other thoughts on this ?

serviceman
20-11-2009, 02:23 PM
passes the machine and weighs the coolant, pressurized the machine with nitrojeno and locates leakage, verifies be vanishing the fluxes, removed the transducers and verifies that are to atmospheric pressure

iceman007
20-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Theres no real point to weighing out the refrigerant. The name plate is the shipping charge but these machines have their charge trimmed for load conditions. The sensors I checked and calibrated. I have since decided that since the condenser approach is OK and everything other than the evap temp under full load is fine the linear float is stuck.

centrifugal
19-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Two things will be happen maybe. You loost about 30% of the refrigeration amount or the float valve is blocked.
In bouth case the machine will run fine till about 70% of load.

iceman007
19-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I am confident that it will be a float problem. I have not been back since and so I have not taken the float apart

Thank You

Brearmarelm
23-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Gianni,

No, Password Carrier does not use the Windows Clipboard to transmit passwords and other sensitive data to the forms.

baycuclaudyu
24-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Take kare how charge the chiller .If U put too much refrigerant you have the same problem .What time U wait too see oil level ?Need some hours after is start too increase oil level .However the compresor have a small tank where take the oil .