PDA

View Full Version : Daikin vrv motion sensor

weidit
17-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi guys I was wondering of you could help.
I have a Daikin vrv I'm installing at the minute with 7 indoor units on.
One unit is in a meeting room and the client has asked if there is a way of the unit being turned off when someone leaves the room (not via the lights like in hotels etc..)
I was wondering if this is possible I phoned Daikin and they don't sell a kit for it. But I was thinking can I buy a third party sensor and wire it into the unit? And where would be the best place to buy the sensor I would probably have to be installed I a ceiling tile?

All help appreciated

many thanks

airefresco
17-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Weīve done this before in hotel rooms. It wasnīt A VRV, just splits, but itīs the same principle. We just used ordinary motion sensors from security lighting and they worked a charm. They are set to come on for 5 minutes, so as long as there is movement in a room within 5 minutes the systems keeps operating.

If yours is a VRV you will need a KRP board and use the sensor to switch the KRP which will switch the indoor unit.

Clk320_Greg
17-11-2009, 08:45 PM
You really need a KRP? Cant you just use the Forced Off (F1/F2)?

brunstar
17-11-2009, 09:17 PM
You really need a KRP? Cant you just use the Forced Off (F1/F2)?

You will want to use the T1 and T2 terminals with a PIR sensor connected with an adjustible time delay on it. When somebody enters the room it can run for an allowed time before turning off if no movement is detected.

weidit
18-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Sorry what's a pir? Where is the best place to get a third party sensor? How do you set the timer it? For example 5 mins with no movement turns it off?

frank
18-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry what's a pir? Where is the best place to get a third party sensor? How do you set the timer it? For example 5 mins with no movement turns it off?
Have a look under 'Occupancy' on here (http://www.electrocontrols.co.uk/)

Don't forget to alter the settings on the BRC1D controller to enable the T1 T2 input

airefresco
18-11-2009, 08:32 AM
PIR = Passive Infa-Red. Get the sensor from an electrical wholesalers or similar. Anywhere where you can buy outdoor lighting will sell them. Something like this will do http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3141

On the side of the sensor there are two dials, one adjusts the time and one adjusts the light sensor (so you can have it to only operate at night, you will not need this though).

Of course you donīt need a KRP, you can just use the terminals Brunstar explained.

Yuri B.
18-11-2009, 07:02 PM
One unit is in a meeting room and the client has asked if there is a way of the unit being turned off when someone leaves the room (not via the lights like in hotels etc..)Hello.
I would definetly use the lights - as people may come and go all the time but they would not be sitting in a dark room.
When the meetings take part at the bright part of the day, then I would think about another appliance in the room with what they cannot dispense.
At very last, if the room is locked up after the meeting is ended, then, maybe, tie the AC switching with the lock.

But, probably the motion detector with 5-10 min delay is the best.

Clk320_Greg
18-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Hello.
I would definetly use the lights - as people may come and go all the time but they would not be sitting in a dark room.
When the meetings take part at the bright part of the day, then I would think about another appliance in the room with what they cannot dispense.
At very last, if the room is locked up after the meeting is ended, then, maybe, tie the AC switching with the lock.

But, probably the motion detector with 5-10 min delay is the best.

What about if the lights are off for a uber exciteing powerpoint presentation???

weidit
18-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Cheers guys

one last thing frank... I have found the sensor I think I need on the link you showed me. They say for lighting I take it they will work with the ac units?
Any thanks

frank
18-11-2009, 09:22 PM
The problem with using PIR detectors is that they normally switch mains voltage. Just make sure that you select one with 'Volt Free' contacts, and then wire the T1 T2 across these terminals

Lighting loads are normally small loads so anything rated for lighting will be OK for the Daikin

weidit
19-11-2009, 05:30 PM
cheers frank really appreciate the info i was thinking of this one? http://www.electrocontrols.co.uk/datasheets/M01.pdf
its 12v-24v ac/dc so would it draw it power from the t1 and t2 power or would it need a seperate supply? would this one work?
many thanks

frank
19-11-2009, 07:34 PM
That one is fine but you would need to provide a separate 24v AC/DC power supply to it. Electro Controls do a suitable power supply. Connect the T1 T2 to the C (Common) and NO (Normally Open) terminals with a pair cable

weidit
19-11-2009, 08:25 PM
That one is fine but you would need to provide a separate 24v AC/DC power supply to it. Electro Controls do a suitable power supply. Connect the T1 T2 to the C (Common) and NO (Normally Open) terminals with a pair cable

Sorry what do you mean electro control do a suitable supply?
Would I need an electrican to run a 24v cable to the sensor?
Is there a better sensor you would recommend?
Cheers for the help

frank
20-11-2009, 08:38 PM
The original link I posted was to a web site 'Electro Controls'

They sell many control items and if you look around their site you will see the power modules (24v) http://www.electrocontrols.co.uk/datasheets/H18.pdf

You would need to wire the output from this module to the + - terminals on the PIR and then wire separately the T1 T2 terminals on the fan coil unit to the C and NO terminals.

weidit
21-11-2009, 07:47 PM
So could I litterally take a 240v supply from the spur to the unit? Then wore to the adapter then to the sensor and from sensor back to the ac unit? I'm sure the guy will know how to do it (electrician) I just need to confirm it can be done and get the bits

thanks frank

Yuri B.
21-11-2009, 08:28 PM
There should be PIR sensors with 240V supply (not 24V), so no adapter will be needed.

And it does not matter where the sensor is supplied from. It should be supplied with power and two additional wires from its output (C and NO terminals) should be connected to the input on the Daikin (T1 and T2 terminals).

frank
22-11-2009, 11:51 AM
You can't put 240v onto the sensor that you linked to earlier as this operates on 12-24v.

Do NOT put 240v on to the Daikin T1 T2 terminals unless you want a large bang!!!

You will need power to operate whatever sensor you buy, but the wire connecting the C & NO contacts on the sensor and the T1 T2 terminals does not want any voltage on it - just a 2 core wire between the terminals.