PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration Line Sizing

Capt Steve
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know of a good software program that will size suction, and liquid lines for the many different refrigerants on the market? Mostly the new refrigerants, like R404a, 410, 407, etc.

Carlo Hansen
07-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi Capt Steve

Try this Link, it is realy good.

http://www.et.dtu.dk/coolpack/UK/index.html

Best regards

Carlo Hansen

Peter_1
07-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Or Danven from Danfoss, also free and very easy to use.

shooter
09-12-2004, 09:57 AM
peter can you please send this danven as i can not find it at danfoss.com
and yes i do know how to do it by hand even made my own spreadsheet for it.
but hey i like to see the competition too.

Peter_1
09-12-2004, 12:19 PM
For the others, I just gave Paul the Dutch info where ge can find a free copy of DirCalc from Danfoss.
Others need this also?

Peter

Paul,

Ik wil dit gerust doen maar het is meer dan 10 Mb groot.
Dit zal dus moeilijk worden denk ik.
Ga misschien even naar www.danfoss.be, registreer U daar gratis on-line (ze laten u verder gerust bij Danfoss) en links op het scherm kun je dan 'SELECTIESOFTWARE' aanklikken.
DirCalc is dan gratis te downloaden. Het is heel eenvoudig in gebruik en zelfs pompcirculatiesystemen met ammoniak kun je er mee berekenen.
Ook de volledige Danfoss catalogus kun je dan downloaden.

Peter

Zahid
31-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Carlo,

I am waiting desperately for your PDF file which contains 186 pages knowledge based Refrigeration.

Could you help me by mailing me his PDF file zahid.noor@salemjci.com

Looking forward for your positive response.
regards

Zahid

Brian_UK
01-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Carlo,

I am waiting desperately for your PDF file which contains 186 pages knowledge based Refrigeration.

Could you help me by mailing me his PDF file zahid.noor@salemjci.com

Looking forward for your positive response.
regards

Zahid:off topic::off topic:
Zahid, you originally asked for this file against a three year old post and this is all that you have contributed to this forum. :mad:

Perhaps if you provided some help to others as well then you might get a response. :(

AOsborne
15-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Peter do you have the link to Danfoss or Darvan?

Peter_1
15-06-2008, 01:20 PM
It can be found on any Danfoss website in your country, section software.

TXiceman
15-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Sporlan has a good program, but you still need to know the dP and velocity limits for the various lines.

Ken

nike123
15-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Danfoss software is named DIRcalcTM
Here is download (http://www.danfoss.com/NR/rdonlyres/F9218857-DA5F-4E87-9D18-41460F8EC421/0/DIRcalc117.exe)

Peter, I newer heard about Danven software! Do you have any reference about it.

WGS_Ronin
19-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Suva-Dupont has pdf on pipe sizing
google pipe sizing 407C
but i will email you what i have

aashvac/r
24-06-2008, 08:48 PM
hi all
mr nike123
i could find Darvan software on the danfoss website.
but i can't to add its link so you can search the darvan soft on the danfoss in google.

nike123
24-06-2008, 09:10 PM
hi all
mr nike123
i could find Darvan software on the danfoss website.
but i can't to add its link so you can search the darvan soft on the danfoss in google.

I tried and could not find it.

Try to send link in this form:
www dot refrigeration-engineer dot com

Thanks!

TXiceman
25-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Even with all the software out there, you still need the basic knowledge on how the lines are to be run, velocity and pressure drop or you will wind up with a system that will not work properly.

Ken

icecube51
26-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Yep, all true, but in the old days we had the time to make these calculations by pen and paper. and we had to now what we were doing, volume, speed, ect...;)
now the want to do 10 designs a day, so the need programs.:o
and after a few years of computing they now nothing anymore about speed,volume , tubes size,:eek:

so the oldies whit there pens and papers become important again,because we have to teach them the basics .......Again.:D

Ice

Peter_1
26-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree Icecube, my vision is that as soon you are able to calculate it manually, you can do it afterwards with a computer program.
I still teach it this way at Syntrawest.

Otherwise you're a dummy just filling in numbers without knowing what you're doing.
You also have to know what you needs to fill in in the boxes, like SH,SC, ...

Many of the younger generation won't learn the basics any longer, the way of the least resistance and efforts.
They all wants to solve it with their computer and at the same time an MP3 player in their ears.. :o

Refrigeration is a business which you can't do good as long as you don't understand fully the basics and especially the log/p diagram. If something happens in the real world and you're able to 'translate' this to a log/p, then I can assure you know what you're doing and you will find for sure the problem.

Kh1971
26-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi,

You can visit Carrier web site I think they have good soft ware as well

US Iceman
26-06-2008, 02:16 PM
so the oldies whit there pens and papers become important again,because we have to teach them the basics .......Again.:D

There is a lot of truth in this. Some who have read my posts about software know where I stand on this.

Software is for those who know how to do the calculations manually. Software just calculates the mathematics in the code. If the logic in the software does not account for anything and everything that can happen the results of the calculations are worthless.

Peter's post is exactly correct!!!