PDA

View Full Version : whats the max/min temp differential allowed

frostedflake
15-11-2009, 03:37 AM
before calling a mechanic thermostat deffective?

i have one that set at 40ºF will keep the unit working till 32ºF and will start back at 70ºF

I'm sure that is not normal so i opened the thermostat and everything seems to be ok.
i checked it was placed, exactly in the same place and way before unmounting it and the conections are correct.

it's a danfoss thermostat like one of these...

http://www.drillspot.com/pimages/433/43352_300.jpg

sorry if you find this post irrelevant but i could use a hint as to if these can be recalibtated or disposed for new ones.

thanks in advance

nike123
15-11-2009, 08:00 AM
2 to 3 K is normal termostat differential for air conditioning applications.
For particular termostat you should found its technical literature, since differential depend on his usage field.

Brian_UK
15-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Apart from changing to an electronic control, Eliwell, Dixell etc., is the sensing bulb in good contact to the fluid being sensed?

monkey spanners
15-11-2009, 02:09 PM
If it worked before and now doesn't, technicaly its broked and needs a new one.

frostedflake
15-11-2009, 08:38 PM
ok so either the thermostat is broken (because it does not work as it used to) or I reinstalled the temperature bulb incorrectly.

the thermostat as nike ponts out has a 3K differential and i placed the copper bullet at the air return side of the evaporator coil, where i found it in the first place, where should i place the temperature bulb to get the accurate measuring and prevent extended runtimes?

thanks

sedgy
26-11-2009, 03:29 PM
hi frostedflake, I seam to remember somthing about setting up the stat < file < it has to point downwards or the alchol or liquid inside the <file< migrates along the cappilary making the stat uncontrolable, also I remember there is a manual setting to give a max + min temp range,

frostedflake
24-02-2011, 02:46 PM
thanks for the help