PDA

View Full Version : Carpigiani qualified engineers

desirefr
13-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I have Mr Whippy machine and I have had problems with it. Two engineers came to see it and they couldn't find the fault. The mixer is frozen in the beater about 2 hours after the machine is cleaned. The mixer in the barrel on the top of the machine has been curdling in the middle and frozen on the walls, even with a temperature of 6C. Initially the machine would squeak and make a horrible noise only after the mixer was frozen, but now the noise is in there when the machine is being cleaned and water is passing it it. I would love to understand what is happening or find someone who can effectively fix the machine for me. Is there anyone out there able to help me?

desirefr
13-11-2009, 06:11 PM
By the way, the machine is brand new and it has been hardly used (only two months from installation).

monkey spanners
13-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Should still be under warranty if only two months old, why not contact the supplying company?

Magoo
13-11-2009, 10:29 PM
The motor torque controls have not been set up correctly, add the temp settings not set correctly ( too cold )or else the scrapper blades are not set up correctly or blunt, but on a new machine I doudt it.
If the top header feed tank is icing walls then ice acts as insulator and slowly allows mix to rise in temp., again control settings.
Each machine when delivered should be tested with what mix you are using and adjusted accordingly.
Get the suppliers tech., to set up machine correctly free of charge.
ps each machine should be drained and cleaned daily.

desirefr
14-11-2009, 02:11 PM
The motor torque controls have not been set up correctly, add the temp settings not set correctly ( too cold )or else the scrapper blades are not set up correctly or blunt, but on a new machine I doudt it.
If the top header feed tank is icing walls then ice acts as insulator and slowly allows mix to rise in temp., again control settings.
Each machine when delivered should be tested with what mix you are using and adjusted accordingly.
Get the suppliers tech., to set up machine correctly free of charge.
ps each machine should be drained and cleaned daily.
Hi Magoo,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Carpigiani and they do not admit something is wrong with the machine. They sent 2 engineers who didn't test anything in the machine despite the fact I said the control of temperature was weird. They only cleaned the machine and went away. Carpigiani UK prefers to believe I am lying about it than to fix the problem. Do you happen to know a qualified engineer in UK who could help me? I need to fix this or at least have a report from a qualified engineer about the problem. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Desiree

Magoo
14-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Desiree

I am on the other side of the world so cannot recommend anyone. But email www.carpigiani.com (http://www.carpigiani.com) and get the factory customer services to suggest some one reputible in your area. I am sure they will be interested in lack of product support you have now.

NoNickName
15-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I agree with last comment. As supplier of carpigiani, I know they care about their reputation and products. If you don't succeed, drop me a PM and I will bridge you to my contact there.

leffe blonde
19-11-2009, 07:25 PM
what modell have you got,it will tell me if its belt driven or electronic, chers ,leffe

tait71
15-12-2009, 09:58 PM
i have a number for a capargni engineer if you need it, also if it has a big fly wheel on the back of the freezer check the micro switch operates correctly this cuts the refrigeration out when the ice cream is hard enough,

email me if you want this number he is in the uk