PDA

View Full Version : energy saver for comm. fridges

panikmkanik
13-11-2009, 05:37 PM
has any one installed these energy savers looks like a black box with probe stuck inside so that it senses food temp hence less comp start ups.

would be interested if it really saves or is it another gimmick

Brian_UK
14-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Any chance of a model name or maker to make life a little easier for us ? ;)

Peter_1
14-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Installed on a single compressor or pack?

panikmkanik
14-11-2009, 08:46 AM
apparently a firm called ecube are pushing these through, also to be used mainly in comm. display cases

Latte
14-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Heard of them. One of the big Motorway service providers have had them installed mainly on coldrooms. Same idea as true have on some of their fridges where they fit a (Bullet) over the probe. The idea then is, for example when the door is opened frequently, the air probe quickly goes up/down causing various start ups of the compressor. The idea of this is that you get a more constant/accurate reading of product temp instead of air temp, hence less startup and wear.

Fosters had the same idea but they have it written into the parameters of controllers to give a delay on probe readings to give the same effect.

Cannot see any reason why it shouldnt work, would be interested if any has any data on how much energy you could save. I would guess however possibly 20%

panikmkanik
15-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I suppose with the eco bandwagon a lot of these will be installed and could be a money spinner during quiet times

Peter_1
15-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I find it more a gimmick.

panikmkanik
15-11-2009, 01:50 PM
some big retailers seemed to have jumped on or is it cause they get a grant for number of energy brownie points they have to show during energy assmnt

buddy
28-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Fosters had the same idea but they have it written into the parameters of controllers to give a delay on probe readings to give the same effect.

Anybody know what the delay "on - time" for the Fosters probe is?

10 seconds?, 20 seconds?, 30 seconds? 60 seconds?...more???

mikeref
28-01-2011, 08:55 AM
has any one installed these energy savers looks like a black box with probe stuck inside so that it senses food temp hence less comp start ups.

would be interested if it really saves or is it another gimmick
Sensing food temperature does not seem realistic to me. reason being... by the time sensor reads maybe 1degree increase in temp., the air space temperature has increased maybe 10, therefore the outside film of the product is prone to bacterial growth.(as in exposed meat/fish dairy/produce). Assuming.. nasty word,.. this sensor is placed in product deep enough, then refrigeration process will require the same energy to cool contents, including dehumidification as if refrigerated space was controlled by air temperature.. Mike.

mikeref
28-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Have to add, old post i know, but thought it worth-while to add my comment.. Have a nice day;). "POETS" day tomorrow, P**s off early, tomorrow's saturday,:D, Mike.

buddy
28-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Sensing food temperature does not seem realistic to me. reason being... by the time sensor reads maybe 1degree increase in temp., the air space temperature has increased maybe 10, therefore the outside film of the product is prone to bacterial growth.(as in exposed meat/fish dairy/produce). Assuming.. nasty word,.. this sensor is placed in product deep enough, then refrigeration process will require the same energy to cool contents, including dehumidification as if refrigerated space was controlled by air temperature.. Mike.

Perhaps the on -delay timing on the probe is a compromise between cooling being called for on air temperature and mimicking product temperature?