PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30 GK-130-0017-HEE fault code 201

gsr
13-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Have this system error coding 201
DGT fault, compressor A2, however I cannot see a DGT sensor mounted on this particular compressor head.
Is it mounted somewhere in the discharge line?
The limited information I have is not helping me to locate perhaps faulty sensor?

regards

GSR

Grizzly
13-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Have this system error coding 201
DGT fault, compressor A2, however I cannot see a DGT sensor mounted on this particular compressor head.
Is it mounted somewhere in the discharge line?
The limited information I have is not helping me to locate perhaps faulty sensor?

regards

GSR

Hi GSR.
Welcome to the Forum.
I will look further to find a parts schematic.
your fault diagnosis is correct.
cause is listed as Wiring Fault, Low Refrigerant Charge, or operating outside normal conditions?
The remedy is manual reset!
Silly question I know but is this a case of the fault reappearing after reset?
See attached.
Cheers Grizzly

Brian_UK
14-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Documentation for the 30GK is available here...
http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp

Scroll down the list to your model then click the bottom button for all the docs available.

gsr
14-11-2009, 06:00 AM
The compressor protection module shows a red error led in this situation and when reset by resetting the power supply (transformer breaker) and clearing the pro-dialog error, the situation quickly returns with the compressor protection module quickly returning the red led illumination after rest as above.
The fault will not clear and remains.
If the pro-dialog is cleared of errors without reset the module then a code 202 will come up.

gsr

gsr
14-11-2009, 06:09 AM
I did check out this lookup previously, and cannot find any information-literature on DGT sensor location for compressor A2 unfortunately, and looking at the compressor there appear to be no head sensors, whereas compressor A1 has these.

gsr

Grizzly
14-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi
Ok now we know a little bit more.
It is worth checking out the starter contactor/s on system 2.
As the motor protection light and 202 are relevant to that!
I could be wrong but is the DGT Sensor is a "common" (1 sensor for the 2 circuits?).
I have seen this in the past.

I have just realised how stupid that last statement must sound given that there is a specific DGT fault for circuit 2.
If you follow it up could you let me know whether it is relevant?
Grizzly

moideen
14-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi gsr,

I think your DGT is optional. In these chillers DGT and loss of charge switch are series wired. Check the continuity of L.C.S switch. This connection is digital input. If there is not a trouble check the input junction on PC board. Check the continuity and loose connection.

Moideen-dubai

Brian_UK
14-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Also check the crankcase heaters, I have had a similar problem some years back which threw out the safety circuit.

gsr
17-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Thankyou Sir, This was the trouble, replaced the crankcase heater and all good.
Thanks for all of the replies, much appreciated.

gsr