PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Companies

frank
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Any suggestions who may be able to handle a service contract for over 1500 shops nationwide in the UK? some with a 4 hour response time?

Just giving some assistance to a customer who has the contract coming up for renewal and is asking for suggestions who to invite to tender

They need to be big players such as

Mitie
Consort Group
etc

Thanks

bill1983
12-11-2009, 05:56 PM
i've heard that peak in wigan are looking for new work but only in the northern half of the country birmingham to scotland i think. don't know if there is anybody that big anymore. tupe doesn't seem to help cos engineers that get transferred seem to leave. wr are always looking for large contracts but i don't know if they have enough engineers to take on a national contractof that size. carters have just lost some contracts but i don't know if they have lost engineers too. who has got 1500 shops, is it commercial fridge or mainly ac?

Brian_UK
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Would like to suggest the firm I work for but I think that you are after good service. :rolleyes:

Grizzly
12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Would like to suggest the firm I work for but I think that you are after good service. :rolleyes:

Dare I suggest there won't be many others left.
The way your lot are buying up and spitting out Brian.
All these "Facilities" Companies are nothing more than Employment agencies!
Hopefully because of "our Skills" Brian only the T Shirt would change.
I know some Guys that have stayed in the same job.
But Had 5 different T Shirts! If you know what I mean?
Grizzly

multisync
12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Dare I suggest there won't be many others left.
The way your lot are buying up and spitting out Brian.
All these "Facilities" Companies are nothing more than Employment agencies!
Hopefully because of "our Skills" Brian only the T Shirt would change.
I know some Guys that have stayed in the same job.
But Had 5 different T Shirts! If you know what I mean?
Grizzly

They were created to fill a need, a need for other large companies to reduce thier direct headcount, rationalise their supplier base and have 'one number' outsourcing
Rarely works: a good fridgeman is unlikely to be a good bog cleaner and -more importantly perhaps- vice versa.

frank
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
who has got 1500 shops, is it commercial fridge or mainly ac?

It's A/C which is why I posted in the Air Con section.

can't say who the client is but there are in excess in 1500 shops nationwide

Thanks for the replies so far.

PM me if it's more convenient.

multisync
12-11-2009, 09:00 PM
It's A/C which is why I posted in the Air Con section.

can't say who the client is but there are in excess in 1500 shops nationwide

Thanks for the replies so far.

PM me if it's more convenient.

Chop it up and lets all have a slice!

Clk320_Greg
13-11-2009, 11:02 AM
time to start a fridge man co-op? Everyone chip in a post code!

willetts
13-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Frank,

My name is Mark, and I work for a company called ACS, we employee all our engineers and do not "just use agency staff"

We currently look after a number of clients with inexcess of 800 branches.

I would very much like to tender for this contract.

We pride our selves on the best customer service and reponse times.

my email is mark.willetts@airconsolutions.co.uk

Please feel free to google us and have a look around.

Kind Regards

Mark

still learning
13-11-2009, 04:43 PM
any shops in jersey?

acnerd
13-11-2009, 05:27 PM
They were created to fill a need, a need for other large companies to reduce thier direct headcount, rationalise their supplier base and have 'one number' outsourcing
Rarely works: a good fridgeman is unlikely to be a good bog cleaner and -more importantly perhaps- vice versa.

Precisely!!!! It does my head in! :mad:

johnnyboy
15-11-2009, 02:28 PM
How far North are the shops?
I work for a company that would be able to service and maintain the shops in the south of the country if there is a company that could deal with the northern shops. We have offices in North London, Bristol, Cardiff and Plymouth with 37 engineers in and around those areas. This may be an option if your client does not want to employ one of the big players.

frank
15-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, it's got to be one contractor that can cover from the south coast to the top of Scotland.

gesi
15-11-2009, 06:42 PM
... 4 hour response time?

4 hour response time (and 1500 stores) in my opinion it will be prabably the reason of begin yours nervous life. yours customer need to be quick-witted or need to have more money.
:)

multisync
15-11-2009, 09:12 PM
4 hour response time (and 1500 stores) in my opinion it will be prabably the reason of begin yours nervous life. yours customer need to be quick-witted or need to have more money.
:)

Don't worry they easily get round this by sending any old light bulb changer/ cleaner/delivery driver etc etc to have a 'look'.

Pingo
15-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Any suggestions who may be able to handle a service contract for over 1500 shops nationwide in the UK? some with a 4 hour response time?

Just giving some assistance to a customer who has the contract coming up for renewal and is asking for suggestions who to invite to tender

They need to be big players such as

Mitie
Consort Group
etc

Thanks

How about Johnsons?

I think they now have the Barclays Bank contract, 1800 retail sites plus 50 HQ buildings

regards Pingo

frank
16-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies chaps.

A list has now been sent to the client with 4 names on it. If they get included and receive a Tender then my job is done. They might - or might not - I was just asked to provide suggestions.

Cheers