PDA

View Full Version : thermostat,relay????? please help

titze58
11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
i have a GE Eterna series model# ESH22XGPBB only about 5 years old. i had a problem which started yesterday. i noticed the fridge and freezer wasnt cooling. i took the plates off the back today and the compressor fan was not working but the compressor was vibrating and somewhat hot. i found damaged wires to the fan and replaced and respliced them. the fan came on and the compressor continued to work for about 4 hours starting to cool again. Before the freezer was cold enough to refreeze anything, the compressor and fan shut off and didnt start back up for about 2 hours with the temp dials turned to the coldest setting. ive checked over the circuitboard and dont see any burnt or corroded contacts on the front or the back. any advice would be greatly appreciated. im from detroit and a union electrical worker and have been laid off for over a year now like many other people... really cant afford to go and buy a new fridge at this time. hopefully its something i can fix on my own with a little advice. :rolleyes:

Frikkie
11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
If you leave the fridge off for a few hours to cool down does it still cut out after a short time?
There's a very nice GE web place with troubleshooting section and owners manuals etc. Maybe it will help.

Sorry to hear about you getting laid off work, it's a terrible thing. I hope you find work soon.

happy
12-11-2009, 09:34 AM
overheating compressor due to condenser fan failure can lead to oil migration / system restriction and possible compressor damage, especially R134a systems. You quite likely need an engineer on this one I'm afraid