PDA

View Full Version : freezer room door heater

Andy AC
11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Hello guys, have any of you changed a door frame heater on an old "storer" freezer room. If you have, how easy was it?, any likely problems to watch out for? I've got all the bits, just trying to muster up the enthusiasm to go and do any thing about it.

Andy

taz24
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello guys, have any of you changed a door frame heater on an old "storer" freezer room. If you have, how easy was it?, any likely problems to watch out for? I've got all the bits, just trying to muster up the enthusiasm to go and do any thing about it.

Andy

Sometimes it can be easy others not so :confused:

Is the trim press fitted to the door jam or screwed on?

Is the trim plastic or stainless.

It is easy enough but can be fiddly.

Some trims go all the way round some are just a feed and return, so make sure the conections are correct and then just work at it from one end and try not to tangle the heater.

Is it a flat aluminium foil type heater or the wire type?

If it is the foil type make sure the insulation is removed before you attempt to conect the last bit to the supply, other wise you will not get a good feed.

Cheers taz.

Andy AC
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
The new heater I have got is of the flat variety, and from memory the trim is stainless and screwed on.

Andy

lowcool
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
if your curious have a go!!yet you can get the room makers to do this and charge it out.must say 60% most unpleasant.
cheers