PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration discharging

ukheatpumps
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a heat pump that seems to fluctuating in wildly in the refrigeration circuit.A technician has told me that it is down to poor flow/air in the heating distribution side,and that this is the cause for the refrigeration discharging ,he said this happens when pockets of air travel through the condensor and the refrigerant has no water to work with.The unit is a biggy ( 88kw).Would it not go out on low//high pressure though first?

Does anyone agree/disagree with this engineer?

frank
10-11-2009, 07:19 PM
It would help us all if you were to post the type and model of your system.

As we do not have the benefit of seeing your system, we have to rely on you to be our eyes and ears.

My crystal ball broke some time ago :D

ukheatpumps
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
It is a thoren ground source heat pump,hope this helps?

ukheatpumps
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
It is a thoren ground source heat pump 88kw ,twin copeland scroll compressor,hope this helps.

DEVIL
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Judging by what u say it should be a water-water heat pump, but how bad dose it fluctuate.

some amount of fluctuation might be possible because of what u say with the air, but u should hear the sound of it judging by 88 Kw, u should have a large amount of water passing in the unit, sou sound clearly should be heard, and see on the water pressure gage.
And it could be possible to not trip the pressure switch's at the beginning.
But u should solve your problem with the air

but it's important what fluctuation do u have

multisync
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
refrigeration discharging

Please explain

desA
11-11-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm lost... :confused:

DEVIL
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm lost... :confused:

you are not lost , we know where u are, you are here

:p

mad fridgie
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
If your water loop is full of air, then flow will be poor and possibly be speradic, this will cause your discharge pressure to rise and fall.
Surely the first issue is to get rid of the air! Add a simple air release valve(s) at your highest points. Ensure the whole system is always at positive pressure (not just at the pump outlet)