PDA

View Full Version : gas smell not sure if its refigerent

comet240
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
hi i have this smell that its eminating in my kitchen i hunting all over not sure if its refigerent smell or something else

it smells like those black markers with the metal holder for it, or like nail polish or like pvc glue but i wanna know if i can rule out one of my fridges are leaking

taz24
09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
hi i have this smell that its eminating in my kitchen i hunting all over not sure if its refigerent smell or something else

it smells like those black markers with the metal holder for it, or like nail polish or like pvc glue but i wanna know if i can rule out one of my fridges are leaking

Fridge gas does not smell.

Somtimes you can smell the oil that is with the refrigerant and that if normal is sickly sweet, if burnt it smells horrible and is easily identiefied.

Is your fridge still working?
If there is a smell coming from it it could be bad water (drain water) that has left a residue behind and you can smell that.

Check the drain on your fridge and see if it needs a good clean.

taz.

comet240
10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
ah ok so far fridge keeps its coldness and stuff just cant find this glue type smell so then its not a fridge cuz its a smell that give u a headache like regular crazy glue or stuff like that

desA
10-11-2009, 02:11 PM

R-134a systems with POE oil can smell a bit like acetone, I've found.

I suspect you have a refrigerant leak. :confused: