PDA

View Full Version : Old/used Daikin units in Melbourne, Australia

wilson77
09-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Hi guys,

I have a Daikin FTXD60JVEA/RX60JVEA split system that has a U4 error code. Checked the outdoor unit and all the LEDs on the power board are out but the unit has power so I figure I need a new board. Does anyone know if there is a second hand dealer in Melbourne, Australia where I can pickup a second hand outdoor unit to replace some of the other parts at the same time rather than getting a whole new installation? Where do all the old systems end up?

Thanks,
Wilson.

exotiic
09-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Gday Wilson,

Sometimes you may find some systems selling second hand on eBay, but most malfunctioning systems end up at the recyclers. I personally do not think there would be much point in ringing Daikin or a supplier for each individual part if the board and many other such components are in need of replacement, they usually CAN amount to more than a new system.

wilson77
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah I have checked eBay so I'll have to keep looking on there I guess. There might be a few more units coming along now that summer is here and people's units are being upgraded.

boxhead1976
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Wilson77
Just watch this unit, I have had in the passed the outdoor condenser fan motor take out the inverter PCB, it may be worth disconnecting the fan motor and seeing whether the compresser runs or not without it connected. if it still does not run and you have no altternating dc voltage between terminals 2 and 3 then i would replace both the motor and the inverter pcb

wilson77
10-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have managed to track down some spare Daikin inverters with the following PCB modules:

Power board - 1P059375-2
Control board - 2P059474-2

In my unit (which is stuffed) I have the following modules:

Power board - 2P059475-1
Control board - 2P059474-1

Does anyone know if these boards are interchangeable?

Thanks,
Wilson.

FreezerGeezer
10-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Have you tried ringing Daikin tech. support? I generally find them pretty helpful. The no. is 1300 368 300
Hope that helps, I'm afraid I don't know Daikin gear well enough to offer any other advice.

sjbrewy
31-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi guys,

I have a Daikin FTXD60JVEA/RX60JVEA split system that has a U4 error code. Checked the outdoor unit and all the LEDs on the power board are out but the unit has power so I figure I need a new board. Does anyone know if there is a second hand dealer in Melbourne, Australia where I can pickup a second hand outdoor unit to replace some of the other parts at the same time rather than getting a whole new installation? Where do all the old systems end up?

Thanks,
Wilson.
HI Wilson, How did ya go with ya aircon, ive got one the same model and has done the same U4 faul a fewdays ago, what did ya find the problem was . Thanks

Crash Pilot
31-07-2010, 02:08 PM
sjbrewy

How old is your unit? What was the install date?
Do you have fusion coverage on you house insurance? Some insurance policies may cover electrical damage.

sjbrewy
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
HI CP,
Dont know the install date but have owned the house for 7 yrs and i think it was just put in at least a few yrs before that, maybe 9-10 yrs old, the serial No.0000900, could i ring Daikin with this number and they could let me know?was thinking about that yesterday (insurance cover) i have fusion cover, they say for the cover- Burning out(fusion)of an electric motor- Cost to repair or replace your electric motor if it burns out or fuses. under 15 yrs. Also has cover for power surge as well.

Crash Pilot
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Daikin should be able to tell you. If I repair a unit that I didn't install I usually ring the Daikin Call Centre 1300 362438 . Give them the model and serial number and they should be able to help with who installed it and when.