PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RY60EV1A unit trips circuit breaker E3 ?

amref
08-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi ,
Im new to this forum .I have a Daikin ducted RY60EV1A outdoor unit when its turned on after a few seconds it trips the saftey switch.
When the saftey switch is reset the leds on the circuit board on the out door unit has a green fashing light indicating the systems ok. When a button is activated on the panel inside it indicates an E3 error according to the fault chart indicates a High Pressure switch on the outdoor unit '
Can I get some help on this unit Thanks.

nike123
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Clean (wash) the outdoor unit fins and check if fan is rotating freely and happily.

amref
08-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Have checked the fan, spins freely and the fins seem reasonably clean. Will give it a wash anyway.
Have tried the unit in fan mode only the unit works fine but trips the saftey switch in Heating and cooling mode.
Would the filters in the unit in the roof need cleaning.
Thanks

nick uk
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
could be compressor is burned out dissconnect compressor wires and operate if it does not trip then compressor is faulty

brunstar
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
check your earth resistance to the compressor, make sure there is none. it will either be the compressor down to earth or the capacitor is faulty.

amref
08-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the quick response I will check the compressor later today and let you know the results.
would anybody have a PDF of the RY60EV1A service manual

dogma
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM
E3 : High pressure
switch (HPS)
activated.

Dirty Heat Exchanger.

Check the condenser fan for free spin, disconnect the fan, rest the fault codes, run test. If it's the fan the CB won't trip but you'll still get E3 hp fault.

If it's the fan replace the outdoor pcb with the fan, the short is generally in the board.

Regards

DOGMA

ps.... that's after giving the coils a good clean...

DEVIL
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Don't forget to make shore that no one did overcharge the system and the safety switch is not uncalibrated

brunstar
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
a high pressure fault should not take out the C/B....

DEVIL
09-11-2009, 10:27 PM
brunstar

it can, because of the high pressure the compressor is absorbing more amps , and/or liquid back to compressor dose the same thing

brunstar
09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
if the system is full of that much liquid it might trip the breaker but if it is only pumping for a few seconds, by the sounds of it the unit is not even turining over.
It will either be down to earth, seized or capacitor faulty.
I think the E3 fault is just an old fault.

DEVIL
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
u might be right i did not say that but it depends dose the compressor start for a moment or just trips the C/B , but then it might be a C/B fault also

amref
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Did a check on the compressor windings there was no readings to ground. but the compressor had seized
So a new compressor is required
By the way the code E3 or high pressure switch fault does not exist on this model, according to daikin there is no HPS on this unit ??
Thank you for all for the support.