PDA

View Full Version : Reducing expansion noise

Andrew Saint
07-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi
I am quite new to refrigeration design and have noticed various different manufacturers have specific ways to reduce the expansion noise made when the cap tube enters the freezer evaporator. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what they think is the best and most cost effective way to achieve the best noise reduction when joining the cap tube to the evaporator?
Thanks

brunstar
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
you could try putty as this is quite dense or a little inline reciever.

DEVIL
09-11-2009, 10:19 PM
as brunstar says som putty cold solve the problem, and daikin in some applications use a lite incline receiver

indian
12-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I seem to be asking more questions than giving answers but wondered what you mean by expansion noise? aso what kind of system are you talking about? My assuption was domestic freezers and the noise from the liquid evaporting and expanding into the evaporator. Is that so

desA
13-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I've seen cork-tape used on cap tubes in a/c units. The tape is heavy & basically damps out the tube-based vibrations. It also seems to withstand cold & moisture fairly well.

Andrew Saint
28-02-2010, 05:05 PM
You are correct. I am talking about the noise when the liquid exits the cap tube into the evaporator on domestic fridges or freezers