PDA

View Full Version : Switch DC Relutance Compressor/motor

Nymagee
06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Hi boys and girls

- I'm developing a system using a Daikin a/c compressor model number 1YC23NXD - this compressor has a switched DC Reluctance motor running it - has anyone got info on how to build or purchase the driver required for this type of motor (can't use the orginal drive from Daikin as i'm running different temp/pressure ranges) - thanks for your help in advance - Regards NYMAGEE

nike123
06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Real question is if that compressor is applicable in that different pressure/temperature range?

Nymagee
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Real question is if that compressor is applicable in that different pressure/temperature range?
the proto type system has numbers of gas circuits in it with various ranges of pressures and gasses - the original drives rely on feed back info from the system to run the drive at different speeds this infomation is not the same in the proto sytem we're building - what we need is a drive that will run this compressor/motor - single phase 240v input to a switch reluctance DC motor - (3phase) not the 3phase that your thinking - these motors can have up to 5phase - if you've got any ideas please yell

nike123
11-11-2009, 07:26 AM
the proto type system has numbers of gas circuits in it with various ranges of pressures and gasses - the original drives rely on feed back info from the system to run the drive at different speeds this infomation is not the same in the proto sytem we're building - what we need is a drive that will run this compressor/motor - single phase 240v input to a switch reluctance DC motor - (3phase) not the 3phase that your thinking - these motors can have up to 5phase - if you've got any ideas please yell

My question is asked because these compressors for air conditioning range are cooled by suction gases.
If in your application you have low refrigerant mass flow, than you will be ending with overheated compressor. Therefore you must ensure enough refrigerant to cool compressor to stay within designed boundaries of working temperatures. Also, if you have elevated compression ratio, than motor power will be insufficient and motor will overheat because of that.
Combine these two tings, and life of such compressor is ended in terms of minutes.

Nymagee
12-11-2009, 03:57 AM
g'day again nike123 -
this little beast should run around 80psi @ -5sst in this secyion of the circuit:
the system that this compressor is going into is a very long way from what is considered normal

nike123
12-11-2009, 05:53 PM
g'day again nike123 -
this little beast should run around 80psi @ -5sst in this secyion of the circuit:
the system that this compressor is going into is a very long way from what is considered normal

That seems as in his operation envelope (for low side).
Regarding driver, check this PDF:
http://www.eu.necel.com/_pdf/U18498EE1V0AN00.PDF

Nymagee
13-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks Nike123 - I'll get into this during the weekend and let you know what happens