PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me frigie iPhone apps?

FreezerGeezer
04-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Hey guys, I've bitten the bullet and now have an iphone, the 3GS version.

Can anyone recommend some useful applications for our trade please? And where to get them - Apple's Apps store doesn't stock HVACR apps. Or if it does, they're well hidden! :confused:

Cheers. :)

Tesla
04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi there FreezerGeezer
RDP and VNC
Logmein
Readdledocs
Homecamera
Docstogoquickvoice
Gocalc
Refrigerants
Scale rule
Powercalc
Soundmeter
Seismometer
Equivalence
Cycorder
Flashlight
Plus the usual ones that most Iphoners use.
Please give us more - cause we can never get enough
Try a google search for iphone apps - they have changed with time due to some of them offering crac/pirate software. Not to every ones taste I got a lot of gigglesfrom Ifarty (free) and downloaded Spoof but didn't use it due to well I ran out of time to play with all these tools. One last note to be aware of possible health hazzards from phone radiation.

lowcool
04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
i would go for the 4GS version as your not below freezing.

enjoy i am cheers

billdozza
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
just press search in your application icon and type in HVAC it will give u all the apps.

Bones
21-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Has anyone used any of the hvac apps in app store, which ones and are they worth the $$$?

paddyaircon
24-05-2010, 08:27 PM
will they work on my samsung solid?

sneep
24-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Airflow, superheat, subcool, load calc, hvac, refrigeration, duct, pt chart, psychro, motor, elec, temp, decibel, fan, meter and wire are all search's that bring up related stuff.
The programs are all good but some have features or info others don't. I like PT Chart because you can assign and use only the refrigerants you use the most. It's also colored making flipping to the right chart fast. But the range of refrigerants is small. PTChart has every refrigerant and is slower and messy to use.
Refrigerants is somewhere in the middle and HVAC PT is so slow on mine to be practically unusable. But I have the old phone so speed could make it the killer app. For us being a very small programming nich these programmers have made us some cool stuff. :D

TaffyLad
26-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I had a good look around and found that the 'Bitzer PT reference' was the best. Its also free!
It has a pressure/temp sliding scale which can flick between bar/psi and C/F. Also has a list of info regarding the chosen refrigerant.

Bones
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Good find taffy

+1 on bitzer pt chart

kev12345
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
AC Wizard is a good heat load calculator...

Bones
21-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Bock now have a free app with conversions and general fault finding stuff, which is free just put it on looks helpful

Aircondmech
25-10-2010, 12:16 PM
i got an app off itunes called hvac buddy
its pretty handy.

I have heard of a really good fault finding app, called my compressor or something like that has anyone heard of it?