PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Traders

eggs
24-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but at this time of year my mind turns to marketing for next season and as we all know somwhare along the line we are going to get stung with a non-payment.
This only ever happened to me once, but fortunatly i bumped into the guy in a pub one day and he quickly decided to come with me to the bank to withdraw all his money, and a little bit more (for interest and administration etc).

My partner is owed about £6k from the days before we merged. The chances are he will never get it.

I think it would be a good idea if we were to share information about these people, and make sure their unpaid for "broken" air con, cold rooms and such never get repaired.

I don't know much about the law regarding "naming and shaming" but i'm sure a few subtle hint's regarding "a system you know of (through a phone call), that needs repairing" can't harm can it?

there is a site out there www.businesssorbandit.co.uk but it never seemed to have caught on.

What do you think?

cheers

eggs

Brian_UK
24-11-2004, 11:46 PM
I think you have to be very, very careful about a public naming and shaming, especially on someone elses (Webram) website.

There are always people about who wish to 'slag off' someone else and without solid proof you can't be sure whether their sob story is fact or self inflicted.

Personally I think the best thing is "to know a couple of blokes" who might be able to pursuade the offender to pay up :cool: :eek:

eggs
24-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I agree with what you say, and one of my mates uses his big gay brother to sort out non payment issues.
but what i am suggesting is, if we were to say " i got a call today regarding a broken system in anytown. i'm too busy to see if i can fix it, can anybody else attend?"
We would all know what the meaning is, nobody is named and we, if we wanted, could make up our own minds if we were also "too busy".
I know it is a difficult subject, but there must be a way.

cheers

eggs