PDA

View Full Version : checkind daikin compressors and inverter board

maek reid
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi i would like some help on how to check if a compressor is faulty and how to check if an inverter is faulty. Any help would be much appreciated

brunstar
08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
firstly you will want to check the resistance of the compressor with it unplugged from the pcb with the power off. Makke sure there is no earth resistance.
Once this is ok check the resistance between the 3 windings and make sure that the resistance is equal.
Test it like a 3 phase compressor.
This will tell you that the compressor is electrically sound but won't tell you if it is seized.
As for the inverter board, do a voltage output check from the board. The 3 phase voltage out of the board needs to be equal and balanced within about 5% of each other.
If your compressor is down to earth replace the compressor and inverter printed circuit board as it will have suffered a high current through it..most likely damaged.

acnerd
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Makke sure there is no earth resistance.

By this I assume you mean there is no continuity to earth? A mega tester is invaluable in checking inverter compressors to earth. A normal continuity meter may not always pick up the smaller values. (I learnt the hard way)

There are also inverter testers on the market that you can attach to the compressor output leads for a few seconds to confirm good phase balance.

brunstar
08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah it was meant to say make sure your compressor windings do not have earth resistance from the windings to ground.

Clk320_Greg
08-11-2009, 10:10 PM
yeah it was meant to say make sure your compressor windings do not have earth resistance from the windings to ground.

Surely you want infinate resistance between windings and earth?

brunstar
08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
yes, infinate resistance means that there is no resistance to earth..

Clk320_Greg
08-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Right, were both thinking the same thing. But if something is infinate then it does exsist, there for there is resistance. To say no resistance makes it sound like there is a fanststic connection between the compressor and earth resulting in no resistance, thus a fault.

brunstar
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
yes this is right, it would be a dead short with Zero Impedance.