PDA

View Full Version : cool liquid line

Dave D.
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
cool liquid line from condenser on 404 static coil freezer with head master valve. sea water cooled condenser. 2 ton system, any thoughts? thanks d.d.

amitsaxena
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
1. Over Charging ?????????
2. System partial Chock ?????

Thanks
Amit

monkey spanners
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Too much sea water flow through condenser.

System turned off :p

Blocked filter/drier.

I'd be looking to see what temperatures and pressures its running at and compare these to what i would expect to see.

Dave D.
04-11-2009, 01:42 AM
new condenser. new drier, new valve, new piping, pressure 200 and 05. box at 0 .

mad fridgie
04-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Do you have a problem, or have you just got sub cooled liquid?

Sledge
04-11-2009, 02:08 AM
You are running with a headmaster valve, which is designed to maintain head pressure by reducing condensor size (through occupying parts of the condensor with liquid refrigerant)

assuming low condensor cooling water temperature, condensor will be well flooded

By the time the refrigerant exits the condensor it will be very subcooled.

Gary
04-11-2009, 02:14 AM
cool liquid line from condenser on 404 static coil freezer with head master valve. sea water cooled condenser. 2 ton system, any thoughts? thanks d.d.

"Cool liquid line" is not a temperature, it is an opinion.

Sridhar1312
04-11-2009, 02:30 AM
please let us know the temperatures of cooling water inlet to condenser, and outlet.
Pressure at suction and discharge so that we can find the corresponding temperatures for R404
It appears the low ambient may be cause or the system overcharged, but if it is overcharged both suction and discharge pressures will be high.

goshen
04-11-2009, 05:02 AM
You are running with a headmaster valve, which is designed to maintain head pressure by reducing condensor size (through occupying parts of the condensor with liquid refrigerant)

assuming low condensor cooling water temperature, condensor will be well flooded

By the time the refrigerant exits the condensor it will be very subcooled.
hi i think sledge is correct ,assuming u didnt over charge, setting your head pressure corectly will make a big diffrence ,u should check for a clogged filter drier in liqued line !!:D

desA
04-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Dave D.

Gary:
"Cool liquid line" is not a temperature, it is an opinion.

Classic... :D

lowcool
04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
did you get ALL the nitrogen out?

Sledge
05-11-2009, 12:53 AM
hi i think sledge is correct ,assuming u didnt over charge, setting your head pressure corectly will make a big diffrence ,u should check for a clogged filter drier in liqued line !!:D

Thanks Goshen, but I was trying to say that I dont think there is a problem here.

It is normal for a liquid line to be cold in a system operating in low ambient with a headmaster valve (or in this case operating with cold sea water cooling the condensor).

mad fridgie
05-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks Goshen, but I was trying to say that I dont think there is a problem here.

It is normal for a liquid line to be cold in a system operating in low ambient with a headmaster valve (or in this case operating with cold sea water cooling the condensor).
Correct Sledge:D

rizwankhan
10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Correct Sledge:D

sledge correct

D.D.KORANNE
11-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Is the liquid line sweating ? If yes , partial blockage resulting in pressure drop & fall in temperature whereby liquid line is cool .

Or else measure refrigerant outlet temp at condenser outlet & liquid line temp . Note the difference ; a difference of 3 to 5 k would be sub-cooling . Hence to stop further guess work , it would be appropriate to measure temps.