PDA

View Full Version : Liebherr Fridge/Freezer, Fridge part stopped working...please help

hammertime
03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi there, I have a stainless steel Liebherr fridge/freezer in a property I am renting out, it is about 4 years old.

I have been told the fridge part is not working, however the freezer compartment is still working. I am sorry I do not know the model number but I can find this out.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the likely problem is? As it is a nice fridge I would like to fix it but obviously if it is going to expensive then maybe I should just replace.

Anyway guys any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Sledge
04-11-2009, 02:29 AM
how many compressors, is there a single evap or multiples?

need a lot more information to help...

hammertime
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Yes sorry for the lack of details, I am going round to look at it tonight so can find out the details then.

As the tenant needs the fridge/freezer working asap I am thinking it might be best to call out a engineer. They charge £33 call out charge and £33 to fix.

This was a expensive fridge that is 4 years old so if this is the price to fix it might be best to just call them out.

Do you think this is the best option? are Liebherr fridges easy to fix? (obviously difficult to answer without knowing the exact problem), ould the repair charge work out more?

Anyway any opinions most appreciated.

dungspreader
24-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Far too late for OP I'm afraid but I've just had a similar problem with a Liebherr Comfort Fridge/Freezer.

Full thread is on diynot dot com, thread id 140715 (forum won't let me post url here) - here's my post repeated.

------

I fixed a similar issue with a liebherr comfort fridge freezer (with dual compressors) by replacing the same .47uF X2 capacitor (N72CN - which now costs £1.91 from maplin, still a bargain to keep fridge going). The board designs must share a common power supply.

Symptoms :

* Fridge light worked intermittently, then stopped
* Fridge temperature rose, got mouldy
* Freezer got colder & colder

I can only presume that the relays for the light & fridge are normally off and the freezer normally on - this explains the symptoms in the event of the power supply failing so the relays can no longer switch. I also found that knocking the top of the unit where the control board is caused the light to come on. I initially presumed this was something to with a magnetic reed switch that had become magnetized but the sensor is of the Hall effect type and the knock was causing the relay to switch on.

The control board was also resetting itself frequently (all lights out then flashing the red alarm light 3 times). This could often be provoked by pressing the fast freeze button.

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem. This thread was hard to find!

liebherr comfort fridge freezer light broken not working fridge warm freezer cold