PDA

View Full Version : Mirror'd Perspex ???

Latte
24-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I got to replace a glass side panel on a dairy multideck.

I am told that Mirror's perspex does exactly the same thing and is far safer. All i know is the glass was 4mm thick to the perspex will have to be the same thickness.

Does anybody know of a UK supplier of it. Having never got any before i don't even know where to start looking. Is it something that you can get from one of the bigger building suppliers (Ridgeons ect)

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Fatboy

chillyhamster
24-11-2004, 10:38 PM
try SPG. address in rac handbook.

Mark
25-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Ray,I guess you would prefer a perspex insert.Rather than what the manufacture could supply.
If its any help theres a place in norwich i use for supplying perspex.Cut and shaped to size,you will need a template and/or measurements.Give them a call first.
See a guy called pat or alfie in the workshop.

Admiral signs
Oak street
Norwich
(01603)627573.

Or for glass.
Contract Glass
117-123 Barker Street
Norwich
(01603)763076.

Best regards.Mark

Latte
25-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Cheers Mark,

I am in Norwich all day tommorow, New refit in a kitchen (Not by us and everything going wrong).

basically, while moving a multideck it twisted and the glass/mirror plate at the end cracked hence the reason why i want some mirror's perspex as i think it would be safer.

I will look out for astra when i go past "M" tommorow

Regards

Fatboy

Mark
25-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Me, im on holiday today and tomorrow :)

I cleaned my garage out today ,and found a 1975 danfoss manual :D and an olde prestcold wiring manual :pLOL

Peter_1
25-11-2004, 08:28 PM
When you clean perspex, you will have very fast scratches on it, even if you do it with a lot of water. It then looks like a window of 10 years old.