PDA

View Full Version : General AOH9FLBC problem

aircon50
03-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Evening all. Hoping for a little assistance please.

On arrival at above machine and switched on via remote, operation led was blinking constantly, and timer led flashing 5 times. Pushing test mode changed codes. The power was switched off, and back on again. Enter test on remote, and got a code which, now I'm sure was operation led 4 times and timer blinking constantly. Enter test again, and the code was operation led blinking constantly, and timer led 5 times. All other interior unit functions seem ok. The fan speed changes and the swing changes. Temperature setting and mode changes are all accepted with a bleep, but without the outside unit I don't know if they will function normally.
If the info I have is correct, this points to Auto Switch forced on, but unit can be switched on and off using this switch.
Next bit is puzzling. After checking led codes, switching off and back on, I had normal operation led and no timer led. Normal 230v across L and N at outside unit. Condenser fan started and stopped within a few seconds. Compressor has not tried to run at all. Compressor winding resistances are equal to within 0.1ohm. Question - what voltage should I see at terminal 3 on inside/outside unit?
I don't want to order an exterior PCB, for example, and then find that the problem is on the interior PCB! Inside unit is ASH9LSBCW.
Going to stop rambling now - any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Graham