PDA

View Full Version : ECA Allowance Scheme

Abe
24-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I have a question which I am a bit hazy about. It applies only to UK , maybe you may have something similar in other EC states or your country.

The Enhanced Capital Allowance Scheme is legislation which according to what I can gathom offers the client a 100% rebate against tax . The rebate is for the whole installation, ie: covers design , equipment, labour , pipework.

The whole works.

I am wondering if any of my learned freinds are more knowleageable and have successfully marketed using this piece of legislation as a selling point.

It sounds too good to be true, but I need to get my facts right before I get on my bike, armed to the teeth with brochures and giving sermons to the un initiated.

Abe
24-11-2004, 09:12 PM
And yes:

Im waiting for some smart alec to say.............Have you tried Google ???
:)

Abe
24-11-2004, 09:14 PM
http://www.eca.gov.uk/

eggs
24-11-2004, 11:00 PM
hello.
i have tried it, but in my experience where it all falls apart is when i mention my other non-salesman closing tool.
"The Leasing Scheme"
With this option, they can have whatever kit they want.Even cooling only end of line energy eating prehistoric seconhand old bangers, and still get the same tax advantages! with the added bonus of being able to pay monthly.

The ECA is dead, long live the leasing scheme!

cheers

eggs

ps, basically the eca, is really quite simple. Anything that qualifies, is elegable to first year full tax allowance to the customer as a business expense
Ordinarily, you can only get tax relief on the depreciation of a capital item.
Until the vat is reduced on "energy saving" products, it is only of benefit to those companies who would rather buy than lease.

just another one of my opinions

cheers

eggs

frank
24-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Ayb

You are quite right. In the UK the ECA (Enhanched Capital Allowance) scheme does give the end user the opportunity to reclaim the whole cost of the project (installation) back against company profits during the year of installation.

Abe
25-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Eggs

I have used the leasing option before, but not to the extent I should be really. I used Lombard finance.

Would you mind offering any gory details on which schemes you are using with which companies.......

Without compromising your " edge" of course!!

eggs
25-11-2004, 11:03 PM
with my sales method there is no "edge" i am very much from the school of, "this is what you need, this is the cost, like it or lump it, by the way don't tell me you can not afford it because, i can make it affordable for you" and then i throw in the old chestnut "we can fit one in your conservatory/bedroom/loft extension etc and add it to the bill if you like, it'll cost you an extra fiver a week on the lease, nobody will notice"
kerching £££££, 7 days later you get your cheque.

there really is nothing else i have to offer regarding a leasing scheme. i tend to push it because i know with the broker i use, i get paid in full, in less than seven days.
i use an operating lease for 3+33 or 3+57 then at the end of the term the client makes one more payment equal to one months payment, and title of the goods is his.
nothing dirty or underhand it is just a tool i find usefull, with not being a natural salesman.

as for my broker, it took me a long time to find and set up a deal with one who would cover all aspects of my daily business life.
Seek and ye shall find.

cheers

eggs