PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water out of RY60ev1a

ChillTechnican
02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi all.
I have come across a daikin unit (almost new)that i thought would be great to modify into a water heat pump it is a fixed speed and has 2 solenoids that i could use as hot gas bypass and liquid injection and has capillary tube and currently runs on r22. I would like to convert to r134a so an oil change is due , but was wondering would the capillary tube be satisfactory as is ? would i lose capacity , any down sides ? I would prefer 134a for the heat recovery and lower pressures for the system to run under , longevity and all that. i am planning on getting a plc to control fan and liquid injection.

cheers for any ideas or comparision information between these 2 gases over the same capillary size.
CT

mad fridgie
02-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi CT, barking up the wrong tree, stick with R22 in this case.

ChillTechnican
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh well thats easy then, wasnt really looking forward to getting compressor out and tipping it upside down. I was also thinking of changing to a txv and swapping the refrigerant flow as it is really designed to be a condenser at the moment.
cheers Mad
where are you in NZ?
busy at the moment?

mad fridgie
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
F in computers!
just out side christchurch
watching black hawk down

ChillTechnican
02-11-2009, 09:39 AM
With busy i meant at work!:D
domestic install is very quiet , i am in service breakdown side of things so always plenty here to do.

mad fridgie
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Just starting to produce high temp heat pump for the dairy industry, doing thr manuals is the hard work (I do not like paper work not my fortie

ChillTechnican
03-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Mad , have you had any experience with Mahanas? Getting farmers to treat water and change filters is very important for longevity . What refrigerant do you use?

mad fridgie
03-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Mad , have you had any experience with Mahanas? Getting farmers to treat water and change filters is very important for longevity . What refrigerant do you use?
My "BOOST" unit has been designed to over come many of the Mahanas problems. I was asked by a number of refrig companies if there was another way.
I Use R134a, this is a non applied product will fit any R404a milk silo unit from 6-18HP, also not soley reliant on the refrig unit. This not a critical charge system, Higher discharge pressures than prehaps you would normally see, but still within manufactures envelope. Also no need for interconnecting wiring.
No need for water treatment (of course would be ideal in the perfect world) Need to get rid of build up yearly (always a problem at these high end temps)
Standard system no good in Rotrura Area (extra cost for titainum)

brunstar
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
what kind of high temperatures do you need?
Daikin now have a high temperature unit which can supply temperatures of up to 80 degrees.

http://www.altherma.co.uk/technical-specifications/default.jsp

ChillTechnican
09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Just a bit of an update.
have modified the daikin unit , attached a 12kw flat plate heat exchanger and water regulating valve. I left the unit on R22 , stripped out all electronics . At 20 degrees C ambient i get 3.1 litres per minute at 60 degrees C water out and have calculated a COP of 3.49. all good , now i just need somewhere to put it , thought about using to heat floor on shed extension/home theatre area.:D