PDA

View Full Version : What is a "Pony Chiller"?

Plumernate
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
No matter how much information I read I can not get an idea of what a Pony Chiller is. I know it has to do with the components, but I don't know which ones. I have read about pony motors in cooling towers, but I don't know why they would use them opposed to using any other motor. Can someone tell me what a pony chiller is when and why it would be used?

US Iceman
01-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Pony motors tend to be smaller motors that are acceptable for reduced load considerations, when the full motor output is not required. I suspect someone used the same terminology to describe a smaller chiller for reduced cooling loads.

Also as gentle reminder: please only post a thread one time on a single subject. Multiples will not get you an answer any faster. Someone will respond when they can or if they have an interest in the question/topic. Thanks.

Grizzly
01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Pony motors tend to be smaller motors that are acceptable for reduced load considerations, when the full motor output is not required. I suspect someone used the same terminology to describe a smaller chiller for reduced cooling loads.

Also as gentle reminder: please only post a thread one time on a single subject. Multiples will not get you an answer any faster. Someone will respond when they can or if they have an interest in the question/topic. Thanks.

Nice to see a fast response there Iceman.
And "well Put".
:off topic:I was going to say that you were "On the Ball".
But I am not sure if that is not a shall we say "a non American" term.
Or would you have understood it?:off topic:
Cheers Grizzly

US Iceman
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice to see a fast response there Iceman.
And "well Put".
:off topic:I was going to say that you were "On the Ball".
But I am not sure if that is not a shall we say "a non American" term.
Or would you have understood it?:off topic:
Cheers Grizzly

It's a amazing how a common language still divides us!;)

chemi-cool
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
It just shows you Mike that the Graet British Empire still kicks.....;)