PDA

View Full Version : Bosch classix fridge warm freezer too cold

journaller
31-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Bosch classix KGV24323 GB/02

I was getting temperatures of up to 7 celcius in my fridge and -24 in freezer. I want 0-5 celcius in my fride so had dial turned up to 5.

An engineer said there was too much frost on back of fridge and turned dial from 5 to 2.5.

Now temp in fridge is even warmer.

It is right next to the oven but I havent had oven on for several days.

Do I need a new frdge, a new engineer or a new position for it?

spimps
31-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Was the frost in the fridge evenly covering the back in a square shape or was it more to one side.
If it was the latter it could be a refigerant leak.
Refrigerant flows through the freezer first and then into the fridge,if the refigerant leaks there is not enough to fill th evaporator and consequently the refigerant never reaches the sensor which is in the fridge and never switches off.
It then runs constantly hence the low temp in the freezer and as it doesn't switch off it doesn't defrost the fridge section.
Is it worth fixing ? dependant on where the leak could be and can it be repaired and it's age,peice of string situation me thinks.
BG

journaller
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. The frost is in a square in the top half of the fridge. The fridge doesn't seem to come on very often.

The area marked 1C on the side of the fridge at the bottom is gnerally at about 5-6C and the top shlf up to 8C. Is this 1C area just a marketing ploy?

I am just expecting too much? The UK Food Standards Agency recommends 0-5C throughout but can fridges actually do that?

spimps
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
The type of fridge you have won't be able to get down to 0,average temp for the self defrost type like yours would be around 4ish it will go down to 2 and up to 7 or 8 but would averaged 4 to 5,if it got that cold you'd have frozen salad stuff.
The american style or the no frost ones that blow air from the freezer to cool the fridge can achieve a lower average temp,plus these usually have a fan driven air circulation in the fridge which gives more even temps top to bottom.
You wouldn't want a fridge at zero else it then becomes a freezer!
Maximum/minimum thermometer would give you an idea of top and bottom temps.
Most of the agencies ie environmental look for average temp of 4 in general fridges.
Dedicated fridges in the commercial sector are 2degrees for fish 2 to 4 for meat,pastries etc approximately.