PDA

View Full Version : has the bubble burst

jjthefridge
30-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi,

so what is going on at space?????????????? heard a few things on the grape vine.

Silhouette
30-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I assume you mean the service dept?

jjthefridge
30-10-2009, 07:20 PM
all over from things i've heard, hvac, m and e, and service.

Spencer.Guy
30-10-2009, 07:20 PM
You mean the 30 day notice for consultation about a few redundancies whilst they continue negotiations with J.S about the new contract.

jjthefridge
30-10-2009, 07:22 PM
You mean the 30 day notice for consultation about redundancies.

that pretty much is part of it, jobs no longer existing etc

Silhouette
30-10-2009, 09:41 PM
HVAC and M&E have not done as well as expected so there are going to be some job losses. I'm not sure about service but the shift system, not unsurprisingly, isn't going down too well!

jjthefridge
31-10-2009, 09:42 AM
HVAC and M&E have not done as well as expected so there are going to be some job losses. I'm not sure about service but the shift system, not unsurprisingly, isn't going down too well!

Hi,

yes i know it ain't popular, speaking to people, i'm ex space, jumped just before all this shift crap started, so glad i did. and to think how much hassel people went through and its all going pear shaped, I feel very sorry for the lads who its going to affect, just at the wrong time, but for the bosses, strutting around saying how wonderfull they are??????

j.j.

Silhouette
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi j.j,
Sorry I responded to your PM before I read this post!
The bosses cannot be that good if they keep on taking on contracts that loose the business money!
If they are not carefull they will end up the same as others that thought they were great and untouchable!

oldtimer
20-11-2009, 08:54 PM
i think they tell sainsburys to stick it and if project go tits up then sanisburys have a major problem . they may not want to but i think they will have no option but to tupe the labour and go direct

Spencer.Guy
20-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Taking on staff directly is not an option, it would take far too long to set up.
There are other options.
Space and P.First got themselves into this mess.

coolhibby1875
21-11-2009, 12:19 PM
yes there are other options PAY THE CONTRACTORS MORE sainsburys have created there own faults all these pre summer health checks pre christmas checks PARASENSE these are the things that cost companies money and sainsburys expect them done without paying for it.