PDA

View Full Version : Daikin controller faults

Kirky
29-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi all. This controller fault with the 3 seperate multisplits has raised its ugly head again. Last time I simply cut the power and when I re started the 3 systems ran fine. Its been a couple of months and they are playing up again:(. 3 Daikin multi splits feeding a large open plan office. All of the 3 systems are independant from each other as far as I can see. The systems are about 7 years old and it is only this year this problem has arisen. All 3 systems will shutdown and the external control icon can be seen on each of the controllers. If I cut the power to one of the three systems (doesnt matter which) then the other two will run fine. I know im missing something simple, my next stage was to empty the office and try and trace the wiring to see if there is a link betwen the 3 systems. Any pearls of wisdom would be most gratefully received.

Cheers

frank
29-10-2009, 10:23 PM
All 3 systems will shutdown and the external control icon can be seen on each of the controllers

There lies your problem. It is not a fault, but a Centralised control option.

There is an add on PCB connected to each system which has an external control attached (possible time clock)

Kirky
30-10-2009, 08:33 AM
There is a time clock which has never been used i have disconnected it removing all interconnecting wires between the timeclock and each of the 3 systems is it worth disconnecting these additional pcbs as well

frank
30-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Switch off all power to the units. Turn the little blue dial on the Add on PCB (KRP4A) to '0' (this should be attached outside of one or more of the indoor cassettes in a small box)

Reset the power and all should operate OK