PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AOT24RNBL

rude
22-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi guys posting for a mate at work.

Apparently he has had some troubles with this particular model of unit not repsonding to the remote control and on some occasions unit just switches on without anyone pressing remote.

Now i thought the unit was a High wall but looking on the net seems like its an underceiling unit. He was unable to get indoor model number due to the unit being hard up against the wall. I will confirm tomorow whether its a high wall or undercieling.

But what i would like to know is, does anyone have a service manual for this unit and also would changing the PC board and reciever solve this problem. Or is there some other reason why this is happening?

Cheers in advance.

nike123
22-10-2009, 08:49 PM
It is floor/under-ceiling unit ABT24RGCW.
First, he should check if remote emitting IR signal by looking with mobile phone camera or web-cam or similar that bright white light is emitted from remote LED-s.
Than he should check if sound is heard as confirmation that signal is received.
If yes than he should reset remote controller and then check for correct functioning and check with spare remote if it is problem with corrupted code emitted from remote..
If not, he should check that signal is received and amplified in IR receiver.
If not amplified, than he should change IR receiver or indicator PCB.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2j2f0ww.jpg

Temprite
23-10-2009, 12:01 PM
From memory that remote has a selector switch labelled A,B,C,and D. Make sure it is switched to A. When resetting hold reset button down for an extended period approx 30 secs.

Remember doing that on a warranty job once and it worked.

rude
24-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks for your help guys i passed on the information and his going to try his luck at getting it going.