PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Condenser Fans Suck ?

Graham
14-11-2004, 06:28 PM
The appie and I have changed near on 100 fan motors (25W) (in the last week), which had siezed or were about to due to clogged or dirty condensers, poor ventilation or general old age. If they were front mounted blowing fans the time to change them would be greatly reduced (5min to change the fan 10min to blow the condenser compared to the current 40min)

rbartlett
14-11-2004, 06:43 PM
in my last company our poor old maintenance guy was always coming in for stick as he would blow out the condensers on decks display counters and cabinets then lo and behold a few days later the condenser fan would sieze...

yes they are always failing but I bet you always buy the cheapest replacements too!!

besides it takes your mind off getting thrashed by the Irish!!!

cheers

richard

Graham
14-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation. As for the rugby I watched the game and much beer was drunk and tears were shed, it should have been a draw and that is hardly a thrashing is it now ? The fan motors that fail are not the cheapest on the market and considerable testing of different brands takes place. The primary cause as I said was the blocked condenser and this would be avoided if a decent preventative maintenance programme was in place. (one day the General Manager will realise this). Of interest we have some old coolers with "bundy Tubing" or finless condensers these never block up and condense just fine the fans last much longer and are much less hassle. Why change something that works?

rbartlett
14-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Why change something that works?

Coz you'd be sitting at home twiddling your thumbs

dirty condensers are the main stay of commercial refrigeration

If every owner cleaned out their condensers monthly the workload would drop off and there would be no more skill shortages and far fewer fridge companies....

cheers

richard

Coolie
16-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Unlike England who WERE thrashed by the Irish last time they played

Get in there Marc.
Just because England can't beat the Irish at rugby, they have to gloat in the fact that we (due to bad reffing) suffered the same misfortune.
At least we dont base our game around one player who knows how to kick a ball and then wonder why you cant win a game when he's injured.....
Just wait till Saturday.

Ons gaan die Engelse gatte skop!!!!

rbartlett
20-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Get in there Marc.
Just because England can't beat the Irish at rugby, they have to gloat in the fact that we (due to bad reffing) suffered the same misfortune.
At least we dont base our game around one player who knows how to kick a ball and then wonder why you cant win a game when he's injured.....
Just wait till Saturday.

Ons gaan die Engelse gatte skop!!!!

well saturday has arrived and judgement has been passed down...you're ****e

cheers

richard

p.s don't forget to blame the ref (you lot ALWAYS do.....)