PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu minisplits cleaning

Pierre P.
21-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey guys how are you all doing ? I work in the refrigeration bussines since 1995 in an hospital, we have all kinds of machines to work on, and one of them is minisplits and my question is this, I've installed many minisplits and one of them I've installed mabe 5 years ago is a Fujitsu Halcyon 12000 btu, is there a easy and not too much time consuming way to clean the indoor unit, especially the blower. Because the way I look at it to make a good cleaning job, I have to take the whole indoor unit apart to remove the blower to clean it, all that's left on the wall is the coil. And nowhere I can find documents that takes you step by step in the process, because they have three little louver to direct the air flow, and the one in the bottom is a little tricky to remove, if you're not carefull the springs goes out flying from there. So I'm open to all sugestions and thanks a lot guys!!!

Take care !!!:D

Brian_UK
21-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi P.P.

Sounds like you have found the standard route for dismantling a mini-split.

1. Turn off power,
2. remove all visible screws,
3. remove whatever came loose,
4. repeat 2 and 3 until stuck.
5. pull out electronics
6. go back to 2 until slightly annoyed.
7. Get down from step ladder and have coffee/cigarette.
8. Release motor, bend frame/coil out of way and break fan rotor
9. Now remove fan rotor easily as two halves fit through remaining gap in chassis.
10. Call spares house for new parts
11. Throw remaining parts in box for safe storage until parts arrive.
12. Give job to next apprentice.
:D

Pierre P.
23-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Yo Brian!! Sure like your answer, especially steps 7 and 12!!! Very funny!!! But I think I may have a solution, I'm gonna try one of those vapor cleaner on the blower...I'll post the results!!!
Thanks again friend, I appreciate your humour !!!

Brian_UK
23-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Yo Brian!! Sure like your answer, especially steps 7 and 12!!! Very funny!!! But I think I may have a solution, I'm gonna try one of those vapor cleaner on the blower...I'll post the results!!!
Thanks again friend, I appreciate your humour !!!
Do you mean those little electric steamer things ?

If so, then yes could be a winner, never thought of those myself.

aircon50
23-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I like that idea too. Will be interested in the result. We have now 'perfected' the art of removing front covers without breaking the louvres. The old R22 Generals are even easier. The front cover doesn't go under the louvres!
Brian - steps 2 and 7 - perfectly said.....

nike123
24-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Fujitsu could be dismantled in 3 minutes. Only what stays on wall is back plastic and heat exchanger.;)

Lancelot
26-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't know wich model of Fujis you're talking about my friend, but I'd like to see you do it!!! When I say it took me severall hours, I included dismantling, cleaning and putting it back together.

Lancelot
27-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Well guys, a guy from a company came this morning to show us his steam cleaner gizzmo and I think it's gonna do the job, some other guy from another company is coming on thursday morning to show us his stuff...I'll keep you posted on the subject!!!

Cost of the machine ? About $1,600.00 :confused:canadian but I think it's worth it !!!:D

Lancelot
27-10-2009, 06:22 PM
By the way guys, I don't know why or how I did that, but Pierre P. and Lancelot are the same person, it seems that the computer at work didn't take my Lancelot loggin :( so I had to do another one...go figure computers :o :D

Lancelot
29-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Ok guys, on tuesday morning a guy came with a steam cleaner, it was a Hill Inox, you can see it here, **** Lionk removed on request **** we tried it on coils and the result was pretty good, and this morning other salesman came with another brand of machines, you can see these ones here , www.vapore.ca (http://www.vapore.ca) and these ones are certified by a company who ran test on them and they kill most bacterias wich is pretty awesome .
I am now waiting for their feedback for prices and stuff. But I surely hope that our boss buys one, because from what I've seen, I'm certain that it will do the job even if I've not yet tried it on my Fujis splits.
I'll keep you posted.:D

Brian_UK
29-10-2009, 06:50 PM
You say that they cleaned the coils pretty well but did not mention the effect on the fan rotor which, I thought, was your main concern.

cadillackid
29-10-2009, 07:04 PM
the only concern id have about steam clean would be any dirt that falls off behind the coil or from the crossflow fan and ends up clogging the condensate drain....
-Christopher

nike123
29-10-2009, 07:51 PM
My concern with steam cleaner is high temperature on plastic parts.
I would stick with proven chemical solvents.

Lancelot
30-10-2009, 10:01 PM
You're right about that Brian, the guys assured me that there was no problem to clean the rotor, and the way I saw it work, I think he's right...we'll see but I'm confident.

Lancelot
30-10-2009, 10:04 PM
The steam temperature is about 160 celcius, there is no problem with plastics as long as you don't stay at the same place for long, so you let the rotor turn and you swing left and right to clean, the thing I like the most about that machine is that it desinfects hard to reach places.