PDA

View Full Version : Split clima compressor problem

sale030
21-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Hallo. I have some problem with my clima. At the moment when compressor start, fuse blow. I am electronic technician so I checked (and replaced) 35uF condenser, checked all 3 wires to ground and between. All o.k. but fuse are blowed. Of course, I tryed compressor directly, without indoor unit. Impedances between compressor's 3 wires are 6,5 ohms, 4 ohms and 1,6 ohms, Any idea? Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

Yuri B.
21-10-2009, 06:47 PM
The clima worked fine, nobody interferred with it, and suddenly it blowed the fuse, does it?
Then, a short circuit somewhere in the motor's winding - the compressor needs replacement. If you could measure the current and compare with the locked rotor current from the nameplate, then you knew it for sure.
If the current did not exceed the rated, then it could have been, for instance, too high head pressure.

R. skiffington
29-10-2009, 08:29 AM
The readings you have given for the compressor windings seem ok you have the start winding, run winding and common which will be the sum of both windings. The compressor could be ceased or there could be another short somewhere in the circuit, also chec your compressor start relay and klixon