PDA

View Full Version : Brandt CFA361XU fridge/freezer.

DaveyJ
20-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I have a 5 year old Brandt CFA361XU frost free FF (fridge/freezer.) It runs perfectly for 2.5 days and then the defrost mode "sticks" on (or the heater remains on). The heat generated on one occasion was sufficient to distort the evaporator front panel and associated polystyrene panel in the freezer (easily fixed). The fridge part of the FF continues to work OK. Switching off for half an hour and then back on again seems to cure the freezer problem for the next two or so days. Then the freezer repeats the same again.

Four things please. 1 Where can I get a repair/service manual? 2 What is the most probable cause of the fault? 3 Anybody with a wiring diagram (if not in 1 above) and 4 Is there a PCB and if so where is it located?

Many thanks in advance!

rjb101
25-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a 5 year old Brandt CFA361XU frost free FF (fridge/freezer.) It runs perfectly for 2.5 days and then the defrost mode "sticks" on (or the heater remains on). The heat generated on one occasion was sufficient to distort the evaporator front panel and associated polystyrene panel in the freezer (easily fixed). The fridge part of the FF continues to work OK. Switching off for half an hour and then back on again seems to cure the freezer problem for the next two or so days. Then the freezer repeats the same again.

Four things please. 1 Where can I get a repair/service manual? 2 What is the most probable cause of the fault? 3 Anybody with a wiring diagram (if not in 1 above) and 4 Is there a PCB and if so where is it located?

Many thanks in advance!

me too! I have a related problem

amitsaxena
01-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Dear DaveyJ,

I got following informations on web , which shows as its not a automatic defrost control machine hence u need to manually defrost it every second day.

ColourSTAINLESS STEELHeight187.0cmWidth59.5cmDepth69.5cmFridge capacity7.6 grosscu ftFreezer capacity5.1 grosscu ftEnergy efficiency gradeAEnergy consumption365kw/yrFrost freeYesFridge shelves3Automatic fridge defrostNoFreezer compartments4High temperature warning systemNoFast freeze facilityYesElectronic temperature controlNoTwin compressorsNoBritish Gas discountNoneOther Features&nbBottle rack in door&nbIce cube tray&nbEgg tray&nbDairy compartment&nbExtra Deep Door Storage&nbHumidity controls for salad crispers&nb5kg/24 hrs freezing capacity&nbAdjustable door storage&nbReversible doors for added versatility&nbInterior fridge light
Thanks
Amit S