PDA

View Full Version : using R-134a recovery tank with other refrigerant ???

Apple
19-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I want to ask about the recovery tank with float switch # 67010 , it comes with recovery system # 69100 from MasterCool and if this tank can be used with other types of refrigerant cooling "OR" not ?! such as : R-402A, R-507 and R-290A

I have the adapter tank R-134a (to) R-12

I hope you can help me......

Note : the link of the product is attached...

Brian_UK
19-10-2009, 11:00 PM
The cylinder should be capable of holding any refrigerant up to it's safe maximum fill quantity. Check the loading data stamped on the cylinder.

You will, however, suffer from cross contanimation if you use it for different refrigerants without having the cylinder cleaned between uses.

Apple
20-10-2009, 02:26 PM
The cylinder should be capable of holding any refrigerant up to it's safe maximum fill quantity. Check the loading data stamped on the cylinder.

You will, however, suffer from cross contanimation if you use it for different refrigerants without having the cylinder cleaned between uses.

Thank you very much for your reply Brian,

I will use only one type with this tank R-507 or R-402A, I attached some photos for the tank...

And I do not know if I can use the recovery machine for R402A and R-290A (Propane) or not ?!

* R402A Mixture with 2% R-290

Apple
21-10-2009, 08:10 AM
More advice please?!

Brian_UK
21-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Read the instructions or contact the supplier/manufacturer.

avico
26-10-2009, 12:47 PM
You must be vaccum tank before fill in other refrigerant

NoNickName
26-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Recovery of R290 (propane) involves the usage of explosion proof equipment.
Remember to retag your cylinder according to the actual refrigerant stored.

Apple
29-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you all for these helpful tips....

I bought this machine : 69100 COMPLETE A/C RECOVERY SYSTEM ( mastercool )

And I have read the manual supplied with the machine, But I'm not sure this information is :

4. ..... Connect hose from outlet port of recovery machine to vapor (gas) connection on recovery tank.

I saw in youtube a video for YellowJacket which tough how to Connect hose from discharge port of recovery machine to liquid connection on recovery tank !!!

Now..I want to know what is the right way ?

And are the differences color the valves cylinders is importance or not ?

-------------------------------

If I use the recovery tank in charging proses and I leave the tank up side down, so what is the best way to connect hose ( Vapor "OR" Liquid connection ) ?

I attach the file that contain the links ....

Thank you all Guys,

Apple
29-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry...

There was an error in the previous image of the cylinder !

I attach the right image....

monkey spanners
29-10-2009, 07:02 PM
If i am filling the recovery tank with the recovery machine i would connect to the liquid tap, the idea is that the refrigerant will bubble through the liquid in the bottom of the tank keeping the pressure and temperature lower than if the gas tap had been used.

If you are emtying the tank with the machine you will want to connect to the gas tap unless your machine can cope with liquid.

Jon

Apple
29-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry...

There was an error in the previous image of the cylinder !

I attach the right image....

---------------------------------------

barnsie
31-03-2011, 03:48 PM
simple answer dont mix refrigerants! use a caremaster recovery unit specially made for hydrocarbons for R290 ! availabe from hawco!