PDA

View Full Version : York Chiller question

tchc
16-10-2009, 04:18 PM
York VSM89 liquid screw chiller.
Can anybody point me in the right direction. The oil pump has very little oil pressure. The pump was replaced, the screens and valves were all cleaned. A fairly large amount of metal shavings were removed from the oil filter.
Alarms still set off on low oil pressure, can anybody help. Received no help from York.

Grizzly
16-10-2009, 04:36 PM
TCHC.
Hi.
I cannot comment upon your particular screw compressor.
But if the metal deposits found within the oil filter, are as numerous and large as you say?
I would begin to suspect that there is so much internal wear that.
Not enough back pressure can be developed as the oil is "pouring" through the machine.
This is quite common when the wear is excessive.
No matter how good the oil pump is you will never achieve the required pressures if this is the case.
How many run hours has this machine done?
Have you re-checked the oil filter because is the alarm actual oil pressure. Or is it not Oil differential across the filter?
Lots of questions as your info is a little scant!
Cheers Grizzly

Azmath Syed
16-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Keep on running the oil pump can clean the meshes this is the only way of the lines are not choked

goshen
17-10-2009, 07:52 PM
York VSM89 liquid screw chiller.
Can anybody point me in the right direction. The oil pump has very little oil pressure. The pump was replaced, the screens and valves were all cleaned. A fairly large amount of metal shavings were removed from the oil filter.
Alarms still set off on low oil pressure, can anybody help. Received no help from York.

hi if u found metal shavings inside your comp u have to find out what is going on ?
why was the previous pump changed?
was the oil changed with the oil pump?
good luck:eek: