PDA

View Full Version : carrier chiller aquasnap 30ra---160

mr saw
15-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Circuit a, high pressure alarm fault unable to clear. circuit unable to start due to hp fault, unable to clear.Hp device not tripped, electrical circuit to device ok and unbroken. Pressure transducer ok. When hp fault is reset on control board within 30 seconds hp fault re-occurs. ...... im thinking a lap top is required here or new board. please advise.

Grizzly
16-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Circuit a, high pressure alarm fault unable to clear. circuit unable to start due to hp fault, unable to clear.Hp device not tripped, electrical circuit to device ok and unbroken. Pressure transducer ok. When hp fault is reset on control board within 30 seconds hp fault re-occurs. ...... im thinking a lap top is required here or new board. please advise.

Hi Mr Saw.

I am not sure of what age unit you have from the info supplied.
Have a read of the attached.
Hope it is of relavance?
Check out the OAT Sensor if it is!
Cheers Grizzly

mr saw
16-10-2009, 07:05 AM
not sure of age, will check today. i know it runs on r407c if this helps. going to run an outputs test and see what fails. cheers for your response.

FreezerGeezer
16-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Excuse me if you have a dual HP switch & have already tried this;

If those are like current Trane chillers with a dual HP switch, take the front cover off & push the small brass coloured reset switch on the upper front. Fools lots of people, that one!

Grizzly
16-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Excuse me if you have a dual HP switch & have already tried this;

If those are like current Trane chillers with a dual HP switch, take the front cover off & push the small brass coloured reset switch on the upper front. Fools lots of people, that one!

Yet another good point!

I have lost count the no of times I have stumbled around and then remembered that one!
Grizzly

willow
16-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Have you checked the little blue reset button on the HP Switch. If this is ok then check you are getting an output from the pcb to the switch. On some of these models the HP switches a contactor next to the fan contactors.
Hope this helps.

mr saw
17-10-2009, 11:29 AM
thanks for all the responses. sadly none solved the problem. also the chiller is dated 2007. please any more advise or is it time for the carrier engineer with this lap top.